Current time: 18/04/2024, 20:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(11/03/2020 21:11)iMarkeh Wrote:  Higher wages, drivers need to return to the depot for breaks (therefore paying an hours wage overall to swap drivers (30 mins each way). Plus shunt vehicle costs.

It's a difficult one. Lower costs on fuel but higher costs of staff.

I wonder if the Croft 38s could be extended from West Kirby to Heswall and then run the 22 from Heswall to Chester. Are there that many through passengers? Didn't seem many. Back to the old X22/38 days haha.
West Kirby to Heswall must have done alright for it to be one of Avon's consistent routes hourly from early till late.

When the 22 operated via Arrowe Park Hospital , was the route not operated by Rock Ferry. I do remember the driver change happening at the Internal stop at the Hospital.

In these days of profit centres routes arent shared but this is maybe a route that could be shared by both Chester and Rock Ferry. As the Rock Ferry job could continue as an additional 38 to New ferry or birkenhead Bus station,.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Does anybody know anything about the TfGM Hybrids that are parked inside Rock Ferry Depot?

How long have they been there and how long are they going to be there for?

Just seems odd that being TfGM vehicles that they are being stored at a Depot on Wirral, are TfGM paying for the storage while they are there?
(15/03/2020 15:57)M60lad Wrote:  Does anybody know anything about the TfGM Hybrids that are parked inside Rock Ferry Depot?

How long have they been there and how long are they going to be there for?

Just seems odd that being TfGM vehicles that they are being stored at a Depot on Wirral, are TfGM paying for the storage while they are there?

if there SR Solo there been painted yellow and then going back to manchester so ive heard
(12/03/2020 15:21)wirralbus Wrote:  When the 22 operated via Arrowe Park Hospital , was the route not operated by Rock Ferry. I do remember the driver change happening at the Internal stop at the Hospital.

In these days of profit centres routes arent shared but this is maybe a route that could be shared by both Chester and Rock Ferry. As the Rock Ferry job could continue as an additional 38 to New ferry or birkenhead Bus station,.

It did go to Arrowe Park so it wasn't as much dead millage as it would be now to Heswall.

Though it would need a level playing field in terms of pay, I liked how the 1 used to run with Chester and Rock Ferry with drivers from both depots running the service on each others buses (not like on the 2 where Chester drivers only drove Chester's buses).

It would only work in this instance if it was primerily RF ran with a Chester meal break driver. This means higher wages on the route so depends if the wages or the dead millage is more expensive. It could work but i can't see Stagecoach wanting to do it anyway as they don't like depots sharing routes.
Regarding the TfGM SRs/Hybrids they are still in TfGM Green/Grey livery, it might have just been the one I saw, I was going past on 1 towards Liverpool and only managed a quick look.
I don`t know what has been going on with stagecoach buses lately but I think at least 2 of the 67 reg vehicles have had possible failures in service during the last week or so.

10885 was parked on the stop by the old carlton pub in the Liverpool direction with no passengers on board and hazard light going, then a few days ago 10883 was in the same situation in the Heswall direction at the bottom of singleton avenue.
The Singleton Ave one was passenger illness, saw an ambulance with the bus
27147, 27154, 27256 and 27255 are currently at chester. The stagecoach MD Matt Davies has requested all buses without assault screens to be removed from the road. So that makes up the majority of the fleet. Volvo 212's had their screens removed last year, a few 300s have there locked down 27902, 27904 and 27776 being 3 definitely, ALL park and ride buses and majority of solos. They were removed last year to encourage social interacting with the public. Biting them in the backside now. Whether the park and rides and others will be off the road is yet to be seen. Former Chester vehicles 36804 and 36805 from Preston are also here along with solos 47333,47335 and scania enviro 400 15907.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(23/03/2020 18:00)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  27147, 27154, 27256 and 27255 are currently at chester. The stagecoach MD Matt Davies has requested all buses without assault screens to be removed from the road. So that makes up the majority of the fleet. Volvo 212's had their screens removed last year, a few 300s have there locked down 27902, 27904 and 27776 being 3 definitely, ALL park and ride buses and majority of solos. They were removed last year to encourage social interacting with the public. Biting them in the backside now. Whether the park and rides and others will be off the road is yet to be seen. Former Chester vehicles 36804 and 36805 from Preston are also here along with solos 47333,47335 and scania enviro 400 15907.

Stagecoach and CWaC have decided from tomorrow that the park and rides will stop running with anyone who has a season ticket being able to use them on stagecoach's services, so that solves that

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Been sent a list of what's been SORN'ed at Rock Ferry by a friend, during the current times.....

15742, 15739, 15582, 15743, 15740, 15744, 15583, 15584
36317, 36809, 36820, 36810, 36814, 36812
27292, 27296, 27295, 27299

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)