Current time: 18/04/2024, 18:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(18/02/2020 21:54)chester285 Wrote:  Only reason i ask is on the registrations under Stagecoach's operating number it says the the X30 has been registered with no subsidies starting 29/3

If Stagecoach has lost the 15/X30 evening contract then the only X30 trips left will be the Runcorn to Chester evening trip which was put in to cover trips lost by Arriva (which must be commercial now)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I do wonder who is Financing the service 22 , i have to agree going back to Willaston even if only every 2 hours is a welcome .

Hans Hall Road (Neston bound ) can be a time loser as this is the point where the dual carriageway filters into a single line of traffic and drops from 60 to 40 , the view from the other direction can be impeded as well as traffic is starting to speed up from 40 to 60, at really busy times especially when Leahurst lets out its staff the queue can be back to Damhead lane.
(25/02/2020 06:34)wirralbus Wrote:  I do wonder who is Financing the service 22 , i have to agree going back to Willaston even if only every 2 hours is a welcome .

Hans Hall Road (Neston bound ) can be a time loser as this is the point where the dual carriageway filters into a single line of traffic and drops from 60 to 40 , the view from the other direction can be impeded as well as traffic is starting to speed up from 40 to 60, at really busy times especially when Leahurst lets out its staff the queue can be back to Damhead lane.

Apparently being funded by CWaC and merseytravel

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
This is one for the residents of Stagecoach Chester , the PR2 why does this bus service not use the bus lane on Sealand Road , it always mystifies my why it uses the normal traffic lane just before the Greyhound Retail Park on the way inbound to Chester.
(27/02/2020 16:04)wirralbus Wrote:  This is one for the residents of Stagecoach Chester , the PR2 why does this bus service not use the bus lane on Sealand Road , it always mystifies my why it uses the normal traffic lane just before the Greyhound Retail Park on the way inbound to Chester.

I think it’s to do with the timing of the traffic lights at the entrance to B&Q. It’s normally quicker for buses to just go through with the normal traffic. Arriva buses on that corridor tend to do the same, but it have been on at least one P&R service that did use the bus lane - and consequently sat at the lights!
(27/02/2020 16:04)wirralbus Wrote:  This is one for the residents of Stagecoach Chester , the PR2 why does this bus service not use the bus lane on Sealand Road , it always mystifies my why it uses the normal traffic lane just before the Greyhound Retail Park on the way inbound to Chester.

The lights can sometimes stay on red and not change. It's happened to me a few times when I drove PR2s.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

There's a particular sensor on the bus lane that will make the lights change green without making you stop, but the main problem is if there is a car parked on the kerb and you go round it, it doesn't trigger the sensor even with one wheel going over it.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
Apparently stagecoach are running the new Ellesmere Port circulars from 29th March, funded by Cheshire West Council. Nice to see Hope Farm get a Sunday service.
(27/02/2020 17:09)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  There's a particular sensor on the bus lane that will make the lights change green without making you stop, but the main problem is if there is a car parked on the kerb and you go round it, it doesn't trigger the sensor even with one wheel going over it.
That needs to be brought up with the relevant highway authorities as car drivers see a bus lane not being used and buses using a normal lane as a waste of council tax payers money. In Merseyside we would bite your hand off for a bus priority lane like that.
(27/02/2020 20:55)mrd97 Wrote:  Apparently stagecoach are running the new Ellesmere Port circulars from 29th March, funded by Cheshire West Council. Nice to see Hope Farm get a Sunday service.

I'm more interested in firstly how it's being funded (this uses 2 buses instead of 1 on the 106) and secondly what is going on with Great Sutton and Little Sutton on Sundays (whether Redrow are funding the 6 to run (as they already fund the extra bus per hour on the 6) or is it being dropped).

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)