Current time: 20/04/2024, 05:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
Cheshire Oaks could do with a bus lane around the site, then again buses often get held up in traffic on the approach roads to Cheshire Oaks especially this time of year

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/11/2019 00:58)MTL0201 Wrote:  Cheshire Oaks could do with a bus lane around the site, then again buses often get held up in traffic on the approach roads to Cheshire Oaks especially this time of year

Im sure if the site was built now , there would be a bus gate built on site to allow the bus to arrive and depart without having to use either entrance or exit , something thats better than they have now .

Cheshire oaks is like marmite , you either love it or loathe it .

Im sure Stagecoach love it for generating revenue , but loathe it for the delays it can cause to there services.
Optare Solo 47655/PX58 AZR is now at Chester, it's on the 5 today
(24/11/2019 09:32)DK09 GXY Wrote:  Optare Solo 47655/PX58 AZR is now at Chester, it's on the 5 today

Its been at Chester for a couple of weeks or so

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Been a serious RTA in Hoylake, roads still closed so 38, maybe affecting the 38A later, i think starting/terminating in Moreton until further notice

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Stagecoach training vehicle today on Church Road in Lower Bebington. New service on the cards? Or simply new driver training?
(06/12/2019 11:14)mrd97 Wrote:  Stagecoach training vehicle today on Church Road in Lower Bebington. New service on the cards? Or simply new driver training?

Stagecoach drivers maybe route learning the 410 for Christmas Day , dont stagecoach normally do the free bus services for Merseytravel.
(06/12/2019 11:14)mrd97 Wrote:  Stagecoach training vehicle today on Church Road in Lower Bebington. New service on the cards? Or simply new driver training?

I've seen it all over the place the past couple of weeks, looks like theyre training up some new drivers. The instructor likes to take trainees down there because the turns at Spital Crossroads and Spital Dam can be quite challenging. The training of new drivers follows various actual routes as you would expect, plus anywhere and everywhere else. When i did mine at Rock Ferry a few years back we followed the 487 route from Birkenhead to Neston and then back up through Heswall and Storeton - basically just driving various roads to build up wheel time away from the routes you'd be driving everyday.
(06/12/2019 14:41)wirralbus Wrote:  Stagecoach drivers maybe route learning the 410 for Christmas Day , dont stagecoach normally do the free bus services for Merseytravel.

Not sure if they were training for it but Stagecoach are operating its usual Christmas Day service this year as ever

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(06/12/2019 14:41)wirralbus Wrote:  Stagecoach drivers maybe route learning the 410 for Christmas Day , dont stagecoach normally do the free bus services for Merseytravel.

Christmas Day buses are normally operated by Gillmoss Depot

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)