Current time: 23/04/2024, 14:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
Heard that the gold solo are no longer gold HSV194 is in standard colours
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/09/2019 11:36)PAUL2511 Wrote:  Heard that the gold solo are no longer gold HSV194 is in standard colours

That must be the one I saw in Rockferry yesterday. I had read somewhere there was talk that Gold is to be phased out over time

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(11/09/2019 15:46)chester285 Wrote:  That must be the one I saw in Rockferry yesterday. I had read somewhere there was talk that Gold is to be phased out over time

HSV194 gone back to Chester and another turn up at RF
If they do phase out gold, I would hope that the charging points will be left on the vehicles to allow passengers to charge up their devices.

This would certainly benefit the drivers in that leaving the charging points on the vehicles will save thd drivers from a barrage of complaints.

What do you reckon
The first job of a bus is to get people where they want to go, not to charge their phones If people complain to the driver about no charging point on a bus then they need to look at themselves and get a grip. As long as the bus is clean, reasonably comfortable and goes that should be all that matters. The only time you really need extras is if you are taking a long journey.
(11/09/2019 18:33)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The first job of a bus is to get people where they want to go, not to charge their phones If people complain to the driver about no charging point on a bus then they need to look at themselves and get a grip. As long as the bus is clean, reasonably comfortable and goes that should be all that matters. The only time you really need extras is if you are taking a long journey.

I totally agree with you. Getting from A to B safely and as quickly as possible should be the objective. Wi-fi connections and USB charging points come way down my list of priorities. Also, it may well surprise some members to learn that such features are not available in London. Instead, TfL provides a cheap, frequent and extensive 24/7 bus network. I know which I would prefer,
(11/09/2019 18:33)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The first job of a bus is to get people where they want to go, not to charge their phones If people complain to the driver about no charging point on a bus then they need to look at themselves and get a grip. As long as the bus is clean, reasonably comfortable and goes that should be all that matters. The only time you really need extras is if you are taking a long journey.

It's the way of the world now so I guess so
(11/09/2019 17:53)313201 Wrote:  If they do phase out gold, I would hope that the charging points will be left on the vehicles to allow passengers to charge up their devices.

This would certainly benefit the drivers in that leaving the charging points on the vehicles will save thd drivers from a barrage of complaints.

What do you reckon

I would expect so given charging points are pretty much standard spec these days regardless of livery.....excluding London as mentioned above.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
So what routes get the spare Gold vehicles , because i have now seen them pop up on both the 38 and 41/2
I saw 1 of the gold single deck buses about 40 minutes ago turning onto the new chester road at croft avenue on that pointless waste of time X1 service.

Then about 15 minutes after it, another gold single deck sitting in the middle of the intersection at the bottom of croft avenue turning to go up because the driver ( ex avon ) couldn't be bothered waiting until his exit was clear.

As far as the vehicles themselves are concerned, if gold is possibly being phased out then I would guess they will just be repainted into standard stagecoach livery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)