Current time: 16/04/2024, 11:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
The 1 was also run by chester depot but was transferred to rock ferry before stagecoach took over.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/07/2019 00:42)313201 Wrote:  The 1 was also run by chester depot but was transferred to rock ferry before stagecoach took over.

And when the QBP started on routes 1/2, Chester operated a share of both 1s and 2s.

Lets not forget First previously operated the 22 also, although I think it was from Red Riders Moreton base.
Does the 22 interwork with anything at the Chester end? Timings suggest it does. Also the timetable says it takes 31 minutes to get from Heswall to West Kirby. 88 and even the 38 when they ran this section took 24/25 minutes, buses will end up having to pull up and wait to keep to the timetable
(30/07/2019 08:09)mrd97 Wrote:  Does the 22 interwork with anything at the Chester end? Timings suggest it does. Also the timetable says it takes 31 minutes to get from Heswall to West Kirby. 88 and even the 38 when they ran this section took 24/25 minutes, buses will end up having to pull up and wait to keep to the timetable

No it doesn't interwork, as i've caught the 22 a few times from Chester, straight in & straight back out again, main problem is reliability, i often see the 22 running up to 10 minutes late, sometimes later, as it passes my home, hopefully the changes means better reliability.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(30/07/2019 09:16)MTL0201 Wrote:  No it doesn't interwork, as i've caught the 22 a few times from Chester, straight in & straight back out again, main problem is reliability, i often see the 22 running up to 10 minutes late, sometimes later, as it passes my home, hopefully the changes means better reliability.

I’d understand leaving enough layover time, as it suffers from reliability issues. The reason I question it on the new timetable, the journeys coming into Chester around 12-1pm would appear to have a nearly 50 minute layover, is this correct?
50 mins is excessive to sit around , if it doesnt do any other work in between its a waste of an asset .
The 22 looks like it won't interwork on Saturdays, as it's at irregular minutes past the hour.
I could be wrong, but could the 52-minute gaps in the Monday-Friday timetable be for driver breaks? - as they are around the middle of the day (from 10:37 to 11:29, 11:37-12:29 and 12:37-13:29).
Hows many buses are used on the present 22 against the upcoming 22
(29/07/2019 00:42)313201 Wrote:  The 1 was also run by chester depot but was transferred to rock ferry before stagecoach took over.
It was ran by both Chester and Rock Ferry at one point with drivers having breaks at either depot for the flexibility side of things. That was during First times as well. I think the idea is good on paper but it can cause a fair few issues in practise.

(30/07/2019 08:09)mrd97 Wrote:  Does the 22 interwork with anything at the Chester end? Timings suggest it does. Also the timetable says it takes 31 minutes to get from Heswall to West Kirby. 88 and even the 38 when they ran this section took 24/25 minutes, buses will end up having to pull up and wait to keep to the timetable
No interworking (that we know of). It's all due to the length of the route and the timings. It can't be completed in 3 hours so every 3 hours, the timings have to step back (As happens on Saturdays). Therefore in order to keep the hourly frequency going for as long as possible, they bring in an extra bus which does 1 round trip (see post 7875) while the other bus has a long layover. It's only a few trips but it could be used for driver breaks if the plans is to make drivers do 2 trips with a break inbetween. It can also help with local reliability with the bus being stored in the bus station. If a trip is 10 minutes down, you can use this bus to sort out the service rather than dragging buses from the depot and all that faff.

(30/07/2019 17:20)wirralbus Wrote:  Hows many buses are used on the present 22 against the upcoming 22
Currently 4 buses. From September 3 buses but 1 mid day 'extra' Mon-Fri
I don’t know if this is the right forum, but I emailed Merseytravel asking if they intended to replace the lost service in Prenton Dell evenings and Sundays, as I was under the impression these diversions were funded by Merseytravel. Apparently they aren’t, and they basically said evening and Sunday services are not a priority so will not offer any replacement service for this area. I also mentioned how their funded 91 service, the Monday-Friday Stagecoach operated 91 goes a completely different route than it does on a Saturday, so much as travelling in opposite directions along Woodchurch Road to get to Holmlands Drive, yet they said the Saturday route wasn’t changed as the 83A never ran on Saturdays anyway. But the 418 does, so I don’t see why they can’t have the Saturday service running the same as the weekday service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)