Current time: 20/04/2024, 04:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
What’s happening with the Northern section of route 2? It’s a busy service so can’t see it being withdrawn completely. Is the idea to run it between Liverpool & Croft Retail Park still?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/07/2019 16:06)Turbostar Wrote:  What’s happening with the Northern section of route 2? It’s a busy service so can’t see it being withdrawn completely. Is the idea to run it between Liverpool & Croft Retail Park still?

AFAIK nothing, The 2 as we know it will only serve between Chester and Ellesmere Port, from Hooton onwards the X1 will follow the current X8 route

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(15/07/2019 16:06)Turbostar Wrote:  What’s happening with the Northern section of route 2? It’s a busy service so can’t see it being withdrawn completely. Is the idea to run it between Liverpool & Croft Retail Park still?

Effectively the 38 duplicates means the 2 doesnt need replacing on the Northern section from Pool Lane to Birkenhead Bus Station , cant see anything replacing that , is the 38 up for enhancing ?
(15/07/2019 16:19)wirralbus Wrote:  Effectively the 38 duplicates means the 2 doesnt need replacing on the Northern section from Pool Lane to Birkenhead Bus Station , cant see anything replacing that , is the 38 up for enhancing ?

I’d like to see a bit of cooperation from Stagecoach and Arriva here. The 407 runs every 20 minutes, say the 38 is increased to every 20 (it won’t be but just a suggestion, I think it deserves a 20 min service since the 2 will be effectively withdrawn), they could cooperate so the 38/407 don’t overlap and give a bus every 10 minutes. They basically follow the same route except the 407 serves Town Meadow and Laird Street and the 38 will serve the Sandbrook and then goes via Claughton. Not exactly a quality bus partnership but work together for the benefit of passengers and the two companies, so revenue is approximately shared.
(15/07/2019 16:39)mrd97 Wrote:  I’d like to see a bit of cooperation from Stagecoach and Arriva here. The 407 runs every 20 minutes, say the 38 is increased to every 20 (it won’t be but just a suggestion, I think it deserves a 20 min service since the 2 will be effectively withdrawn), they could cooperate so the 38/407 don’t overlap and give a bus every 10 minutes. They basically follow the same route except the 407 serves Town Meadow and Laird Street and the 38 will serve the Sandbrook and then goes via Claughton. Not exactly a quality bus partnership but work together for the benefit of passengers and the two companies, so revenue is approximately shared.

At least the two routes can serve different areas within the Moreton conurbation. The 407 serves Bermuda Road and Mill House Lane am i right
(15/07/2019 16:48)wirralbus Wrote:  At least the two routes can serve different areas within the Moreton conurbation. The 407 serves Bermuda Road and Mill House Lane am i right

Yeah. Id of thought a bigger catchment would be served if it went from West Kirby then up Bermuda Road, Town Meadow Lane, Maryland Lane, Pasture Road and vice versa, rather than shooting up Millhouse Lane and straight back down Bermuda Road as it does now. I do realise though that by doing this, buses towards Liverpool on the 407 would travel north up Bermuda Road, whilst evening buses towards Liverpool on the 423 would continue to travel south down Bermuda Road, which could cause some confusion to passengers
What serves the main part of Town Meadow Lane these days
(16/07/2019 07:54)wirralbus Wrote:  What serves the main part of Town Meadow Lane these days

Maryland Lane and Town Meadow Lane to the East of Bermuda Road are served by the 1B, 17 and the 423
Bermuda Road is served by 407 and 423, and Millhouse Lane is served by 17 and 407
X1 will be outward bound to Chester.return will be on 1 to facilitate the driver change

should be fun with late running buses

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(16/07/2019 12:21)Penny Return Wrote:  X1 will be outward bound to Chester.return will be on 1 to facilitate the driver change

should be fun with late running buses

Famous last words for Stagecoach ..... CHESHIRE OAKS the menace to many a good schedule

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)