Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(13/07/2019 19:53)DVG526 Wrote:  Presume there will still be a 1 alongside the X1 then?

Looks like the chester liverpool routes will be the 1 and X1

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Two Questions:

1) It's been mentioned the X1 will be same route as X8 between Liverpool and Eastham. Does that mean the X1 will omit Birkenhead Bus Station like the X8 currently does?

2) Because the 2 will be cut back to operate between Chester and Ellesmere Port only, this means Bolton Road and Greendale Road in Port Sunlight will no longer have a bus service. Any idea as to what will replace the 2 in this area?
There plan is not to serve birkenhead bus station with the x1
(13/07/2019 20:51)Walton 46 Wrote:  Two Questions:

1) It's been mentioned the X1 will be same route as X8 between Liverpool and Eastham. Does that mean the X1 will omit Birkenhead Bus Station like the X8 currently does?

2) Because the 2 will be cut back to operate between Chester and Ellesmere Port only, this means Bolton Road and Greendale Road in Port Sunlight will no longer have a bus service. Any idea as to what will replace the 2 in this area?

Probably nothing. Port Sunlight didn’t have a bus service at all for about 10 years until stagecoach tweaked the 38 and then later the 2 staring in about 2013. It won’t be replaced
(13/07/2019 21:52)mrd97 Wrote:  Probably nothing. Port Sunlight didn’t have a bus service at all for about 10 years until stagecoach tweaked the 38 and then later the 2 staring in about 2013. It won’t be replaced

Since the altering of the junction of Greendale Road and Bebington Road , the service 2 ceased to operate via Port Sunlight but via New Ferry Boundary Road.

Seems a Road improvement for pedestrians made up Stagecoach MCSL mind , so Port Sunlight lost the 38 and now the 2
With short wheelbase enviro 200s that rock ferry use on the 16/16A/17 services, there would be potential for some of those to be used on a new 39 or a reintroduced 51 service between woodside & port sunlight via derby road or church road.

The shorter wheelbase would allow those buses to turn into greendale road. If theses are not available then a solo bus could be used on the service because they too have a much shorter chassis than the standard length buses in the stagecoach fleet.

The service could terminate over the road from port sunlight train station or do an old loop that the 38 used to do. This would bring the bus around to the stop right outside the train station.

The 51 was another service I drove while I was at radonneur and our instruction was to turn down passed where garden centre is ( my apologies I don't know the road name ) then work our way around to go up where the factory is and stop by the train station ready for the journey back to woodside.

Radonneur only operated the 51 service as the 151 on sundays only in accordance with merseytravel instructions. First ran it mon - sat and radonneur sundays only.

So there is still at least a way to get port sunlight back on the bus network.
(14/07/2019 01:39)313201 Wrote:  With short wheelbase enviro 200s that rock ferry use on the 16/16A/17 services, there would be potential for some of those to be used on a new 39 or a reintroduced 51 service between woodside & port sunlight via derby road or church road.

The shorter wheelbase would allow those buses to turn into greendale road. If theses are not available then a solo bus could be used on the service because they too have a much shorter chassis than the standard length buses in the stagecoach fleet.

The service could terminate over the road from port sunlight train station or do an old loop that the 38 used to do. This would bring the bus around to the stop right outside the train station.

The 51 was another service I drove while I was at radonneur and our instruction was to turn down passed where garden centre is ( my apologies I don't know the road name ) then work our way around to go up where the factory is and stop by the train station ready for the journey back to woodside.

Radonneur only operated the 51 service as the 151 on sundays only in accordance with merseytravel instructions. First ran it mon - sat and radonneur sundays only.

So there is still at least a way to get port sunlight back on the bus network.

Would be great but will probably not happen, merseytravel and the local bus companies can’t even get a service round Beechwood and Noctorum, two large, busy estates, on an evening or Sunday. It’s like they don’t care or don’t try. I’m not buying there is simply no way it can be resolved. Frank Fields been involved I think. We have a ‘metro mayor’ who’s job is linked heavily with public transport. Could be solved if the effort was put in.

Alas, considering their lack of efforts elsewhere, I’d be dumbfounded if merseytravel subsidised a new service into Port Sunlight. They’d argue there’s a train station (is argue that’s right in the top corner of the village and greendale road/Bolton Road could use a bus)

And stagecoach probably won’t find it a profitable enough location to keep a service. A 51 Birkenhead Bus Station - Port Sunlight Circular would be good. Can’t see it though
if right by stopping at nearly all stops for majority of route this new X1 will in effect be
just another 2 with a slow tortoise like service,only good thing is that it omits BBS

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
These route changes smack very much of a cost cutting exercise, and certainly aren’t for the benefit of paying customers. In my experience, quite a few people use the X8 to/from Ellesmere Port rail station (I did myself before I moved house).

The only reason I can see for re-routing the service via Overpool is purely to replace the 2. It won’t pick up that many people as the rail service will always be quicker to Liverpool. One up-side is that at least that part of the Ellesmere Port area will (at last), get a Sunday service that runs to somewhere useful.
Slightly unrelated, but I came across a public transport map for Ellesmere Port dated around 2010. There are so many more services then we have now, and far more roads have a bus service. Just shows how far cuts have gone since

https://web.archive.org/web/201004130642...version=-1

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)