Current time: 19/04/2024, 07:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(11/07/2019 19:54)wirralbus Wrote:  I do wonder whether the reduction in the service 41/2 is to put more resilience into the service fleet at Rock Ferry , as Rock Ferry depot is constantly advising of disruption on this route on twitter.

If this doesnt result in problems , this service reduction may stay i think.

To be honest, whilst I agree with your post, if I were Stagecoach in order to reduce disruption they’d be better putting it back to every 15 minutes like it was, clockface timetable in my experience seems to be better taken by passengers. It is a god awful mess at a 24 (combined 12) minute frequency
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Maybe its time for the two halves of the 41/2 to be split and operated as two standalone routes .

How long has the route run from Mill Park - Woodchurch Estate ?
The 12min frequency is only through the summer hols until the September changes
Regarding the question of how long the 41/42 has been running from mill park to woodchurch, I would hazard a guess of at least 25 years.

I first moved up here to woodchurch in 1994 and the 41/42 were running up here then and we also had the 216/217s at night and all day sunday as well as the 70 which used to run after the 41/42 finished.

The 70 ran from woodside up to woodchurch because during first bus days, a decision was made to run the 41/42 from mill park to woodside only, passengers then had to transfer to the 70 to continue on to woodchurch from there or birkenhead in pre birkenhead bus stn days.

Thats roughly how I remember it but I'm sure there will likely be a few corrections to this.
(12/07/2019 09:15)313201 Wrote:  Regarding the question of how long the 41/42 has been running from mill park to woodchurch, I would hazard a guess of at least 25 years.

I first moved up here to woodchurch in 1994 and the 41/42 were running up here then and we also had the 216/217s at night and all day sunday as well as the 70 which used to run after the 41/42 finished.

The 70 ran from woodside up to woodchurch because during first bus days, a decision was made to run the 41/42 from mill park to woodside only, passengers then had to transfer to the 70 to continue on to woodchurch from there or birkenhead in pre birkenhead bus stn days.

Thats roughly how I remember it but I'm sure there will likely be a few corrections to this.

It was in 1997/8 when merseytravel introduced SMART and combined the 41/41A and 70 into a through route, that was when they introduced the low floor scanias and darts on the route. It still operated via woodside, and as the 140/170 split routes on a Sunday. They still operated the 41C(?) which ran between woodside and Woodchurch only via prenton Hall Road. Later introduced a 41D which skipped woodside, and eventually scrapped woodside altogether. In the early morning until around 2010 they still operated as a split route 143 between Woodside and Woodchurch, and a 241 between Mill Park and Woodside operated by Arriva. Then they introduced the 141/142 operated by first when the contracts were re tendered. I can double check what I've said with more exact dates, I have a number of the Smart timetables for this route ranging from first issue until about 2002.
(12/07/2019 09:35)L401CJF Wrote:  It was in 1997/8 when merseytravel introduced SMART and combined the 41/41A and 70 into a through route, that was when they introduced the low floor scanias and darts on the route. It still operated via woodside, and as the 140/170 split routes on a Sunday. They still operated the 41C(?) which ran between woodside and Woodchurch only via prenton Hall Road. Later introduced a 41D which skipped woodside, and eventually scrapped woodside altogether. In the early morning until around 2010 they still operated as a split route 143 between Woodside and Woodchurch, and a 241 between Mill Park and Woodside operated by Arriva. Then they introduced the 141/142 operated by first when the contracts were re tendered. I can double check what I've said with more exact dates, I have a number of the Smart timetables for this route ranging from first issue until about 2002.

I remember SSS878 was used on the SMART timetables. The old MTL 42 Overchurch-Port Sunlight was also part of the new SMART network,I think 7543 was used on their stuff.
Stagecoach have withdrawn planning application for their depot at Waverton and have submitted revised plans to include the former Rix Petroleum site

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(12/07/2019 09:35)L401CJF Wrote:  It was in 1997/8 when merseytravel introduced SMART and combined the 41/41A and 70 into a through route, that was when they introduced the low floor scanias and darts on the route. It still operated via woodside, and as the 140/170 split routes on a Sunday. They still operated the 41C(?) which ran between woodside and Woodchurch only via prenton Hall Road. Later introduced a 41D which skipped woodside, and eventually scrapped woodside altogether. In the early morning until around 2010 they still operated as a split route 143 between Woodside and Woodchurch, and a 241 between Mill Park and Woodside operated by Arriva. Then they introduced the 141/142 operated by first when the contracts were re tendered. I can double check what I've said with more exact dates, I have a number of the Smart timetables for this route ranging from first issue until about 2002.

It was long before then, late 80s Merseybus handed over the 41/70/70A to Crosville, as agreement for Crosville pulling out from competition with Merseybus routes, Crosville operated the 41 as through route Woodchurch-Mill Park, also then Woodside was being rebuilt to the new layout, although alternate journeys did go start/terminate at Woodside, there have been so many revisions, to the 41/42 until the early 00s, my memory is a bit hazy.

Merseybus still operated the 42 but cut it to operate Overchurch Road-New Ferry[New Ferry terminus was New Chester Road/New Ferry Bypass], Arriva renumbered it to 447.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(13/07/2019 04:49)MTL0201 Wrote:  It was long before then, late 80s Merseybus handed over the 41/70/70A to Crosville, as agreement for Crosville pulling out from competition with Merseybus routes, Crosville operated the 41 as through route Woodchurch-Mill Park, also then Woodside was being rebuilt to the new layout, although alternate journeys did go start/terminate at Woodside, there have been so many revisions, to the 41/42 until the early 00s, my memory is a bit hazy.

Merseybus still operated the 42 but cut it to operate Overchurch Road-New Ferry[New Ferry terminus was New Chester Road/New Ferry Bypass], Arriva renumbered it to 447.

80s were way before my time so didn't realise! I'll have to dig out my late 90s timetables and have a look at how things have changed. I seem to remember there being the odd morning /evening journey which operated via Bromborough Asda too.
News starting to come out from chester depot is that from 1st of September, chester depot will now run the 22,6 and 7, and the number 2.
Number 2 will now only serve chester to ellesmere port.

Rockferry are to gain the x1 to replace the x8. X1 will now serve overpool instead of ellesmere port trainstation

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)