Current time: 16/04/2024, 10:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(15/03/2019 18:05)jcksmnr Wrote:  Is that the same date Link Network come off the 110? Could explain why they made that decision.

Yes, it is. Hopefully Warrington would keep three buses an hour replacing the Widnes 110 instead of keeping the 32X's current half-hourly frequency.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Since WOB also extend their 22 to Ashton In Makerfield from the same date how do they plan to cover all the extra work? some Merits coming back?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15/03/2019 18:30)Valandil Wrote:  Yes, it is. Hopefully Warrington would keep three buses an hour on the Widnes 110 instead of keeping the 32X's current half-hourly frequency.
Half hourly would make more sense given Arrivas frequency.

I do wonder why they are extending to Runcorn when there are many other routes doing Widnes to Runcorn and also Runcorn to Warrington. Are they trying to kick Arriva off the 110?
(15/03/2019 18:53)iMarkeh Wrote:  Half hourly would make more sense given Arrivas frequency.

I do wonder why they are extending to Runcorn when there are many other routes doing Widnes to Runcorn and also Runcorn to Warrington. Are they trying to kick Arriva off the 110?

For what i understood, Arriva's 110 is slowley becoming one of the busiest routes in Arriva North west, It propably explains why arriva extended that service into late evenings including on sundays and WOB may be the alternitive service to Arriva's, similar way as Halton's 14 and Arriva's 79D between Widnes and Liverpool.

With WOB's 110 i expect they would simply extend the 32X and renumbered.
(16/03/2019 11:30)TheShire Wrote:  For what i understood, Arriva's 110 is slowley becoming one of the busiest routes in Arriva North west, It propably explains why arriva extended that service into late evenings including on sundays and WOB may be the alternitive service to Arriva's, similar way as Halton's 14 and Arriva's 79D between Widnes and Liverpool.

With WOB's 110 i expect they would simply extend the 32X and renumbered.
I wonder what is making it do so well. Has the frequency upgrade maybe helped the passenger numbers rather than splitting existing passengers between more trips. It's an interesting route to have increasing passenger numbers really given where it links to. Good on them if that is the case.
(05/03/2019 13:18)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Warrington last bought a new double-decker in 1989 - 30 years ago, all deckers since have been secondhand and I presume there would be no need to change that policy as a number of them are for schools only. The only possible exception to this and it has been talked about in the past, is if one was bought for the purpose of Private Hires, although that came to nought last time.

Suspect ex London stock will suffice, or possibly if any stock becomes available from independents or ex lease stock handed back.

Really, also it would only be small numbers, introduced gradually as they become available on the secondhand market and if Warrington's budget can afford them at a particular stage. The first out would probably now be the V plate ALX400 examples everything else has Wright Gemini Bodies so that would standardise to some extent the body parts required.

Some Volvo B7TL-Wright Geminis have just been withdrawn by Lothian Buses (due to the long Volvo B8s entering service). At the end of August Arriva London will withdraw some VDL-Wright Pulsar Geminis (from route 197 being lost to Go-Ahead). Examples from either batch could suit Warrington, perhaps especially the Arriva VDLs as they already have some.
(15/03/2019 18:31)T42 PVM Wrote:  Since WOB also extend their 22 to Ashton In Makerfield from the same date how do they plan to cover all the extra work? some Merits coming back?

They did announce a second batch of Enviro200 MMC's would arrive around this time when the one's last year turned up.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/03/2019 14:02)ant17612 Wrote:  They did announce a second batch of Enviro200 MMC's would arrive around this time when the one's last year turned up.

Why am im not surpeised

Allways knew they would order more of them (in a positive way)
(19/03/2019 16:23)TheShire Wrote:  Why am im not surpeised

Allways knew they would order more of them (in a positive way)

The Enviro200s are very popular from what I understand
(19/03/2019 16:35)Y474 KNF Wrote:  The Enviro200s are very popular from what I understand

I wouldnt be surprised if most if not all of the Cadets/Merits get replaced by them

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)