Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HTL Buses
RE: HTL Buses
A non-DDA bus can be in service up to 14 times a year.

I would also add that I remember reading that a failed destination blind on a bus that complies to PSVAR classes as ‘technical failure’ and the operator has a month to fix this without braking any rules on accessibility.

However, Merseytravel won’t be happy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
GFJ does have a working ticket machine, they get away with it simply because that is better than no bus for 2 hours. It's not ideal but on routes that are hourly it is better to provide a bus than nothing at all while a suitable replacement becomes available.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(09/02/2019 22:46)CX06 EBK Wrote:  GFJ does have a working ticket machine, they get away with it simply because that is better than no bus for 2 hours. It's not ideal but on routes that are hourly it is better to provide a bus than nothing at all while a suitable replacement becomes available.
When you try and use the reader for Merseytravel free passes on the 36, the regular driver puts his hand over it and waves passengers on, always!
Some of the machines don't scan passes and the Wayfarers are slow now, they are due to be replaced in the very near future anyway.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
It is fair to say its better than no Bus (word losley used) But then it could be argued that HTL should have enough spare Buses in case there is a couple VOR for whatever reason, YJ12 PNK for example has been SORN for a few months now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
PNK needs a new engine and certain other buses that were available such as JZT have been lost to circumstances outside of the companies control.

(09/02/2019 23:58)CX06 EBK Wrote:  PNK needs a new engine and certain other buses that were available such as JZT have been lost to circumstances outside of the companies control.

Then HTL needs to be looking to replace them with suitable vehicles and not keep falling back on breadvans that are completely unsuitable.
While I agree it's not going to happen any time soon, with upcoming service changes there should be no need to use GFJ soon enough anyway which as I've said previously is usually used as a last resort and for a short period of time to maintain service.

Another option could be getting a Bus in on loan like they have done in the past from Dawson Rentals

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/02/2019 23:48)CX06 EBK Wrote:  Some of the machines don't scan passes and the Wayfarers are slow now, they are due to be replaced in the very near future anyway.
Not exactly on topic, but Arriva are replacing their Wayfarers this year with Ticketer machines. Mind you, Cumfybus have just updated their Ticketers to the Contactless ones and their keep failing (so I have been informed).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)