Current time: 25/04/2024, 20:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(16/11/2018 18:16)MTL0201 Wrote:  Few MMCs on the 38 today the usual standard MMCs & a Gold MMC

10828/829 are on the 38 almost every day now
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/11/2018 09:40)childwallblues Wrote:  Must have been on loan to Romford Depot as until September all six were based at Kanleigh Bridge Depot for route 356.

It will have been a very short-term loan as Stagecoach only took up route 193 on September 29th.
Boarded 24139 in Sir Thomas Street on Gold Route 1 today. When we came to exit the Birkenhead Tunnel the driver found out that the bus did not have a fast tag. Luckily after a few minutes wait the next bus was a Gold 471 whose driver used his fast tag to let us through

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(24/11/2018 18:15)childwallblues Wrote:  Boarded 24139 in Sir Thomas Street on Gold Route 1 today. When we came to exit the Birkenhead Tunnel the driver found out that the bus did not have a fast tag. Luckily after a few minutes wait the next bus was a Gold 471 whose driver used his fast tag to let us through
No fast tags are fairly common on the X8 due to being swopped around from bus to bus
and driver has to pay

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(24/11/2018 20:23)Penny Return Wrote:  No fast tags are fairly common on the X8 due to being swopped around from bus to bus
and driver has to pay

It shouldn't be common anymore. All buses which 'might' go through the tunnel have fast tags (Eclipse, Enviro300s, Deckers). As far as I know, they have got more fast tags to stop the drivers having to swap them between buses.
Does the X8 still have a spare vehicle located in Chester for when Cheshire Oaks causes severe late running , Cheshire Oaks traffic can only go one way between now and New Years Eve worse than ever .

I did note been on a service 1 which 10 minutes from the bus stop before Cheshire Oaks Coliseum Retail Park to the Blue Planet Aquarium stop , is this a normal amount of time .
(25/11/2018 20:06)wirralbus Wrote:  Does the X8 still have a spare vehicle located in Chester for when Cheshire Oaks causes severe late running , Cheshire Oaks traffic can only go one way between now and New Years Eve worse than ever .

I did note been on a service 1 which 10 minutes from the bus stop before Cheshire Oaks Coliseum Retail Park to the Blue Planet Aquarium stop , is this a normal amount of time .

No doubt they will use the two B9TL that they have
On Saturday morning 19569 took about 15 minutes to load in Sir Thomas Street and left full!. Certainly the service appears to be very successful.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(25/11/2018 20:06)wirralbus Wrote:  Does the X8 still have a spare vehicle located in Chester for when Cheshire Oaks causes severe late running , Cheshire Oaks traffic can only go one way between now and New Years Eve worse than ever .

They don't have a spare bus no. A few weeks ago they changed the timetable so all trips now have an extra 5 minutes on them which I would think is their way of padding up the timetable incase of delays.

I fully agree that traffic this year is worse than ever. I think it's because the car park exit is just ahead of the bus stop. Previously you would go to the roundabout and go whichever way has least traffic but now you are forced to go upto Sainsbury's roundabout.

I think Stagecoach should have a plan for Cheshire Oaks congestion. Maybe say certain buses will not serve the oaks or blue planet and will only stop at the colliseum. Maybe have the X2 from Runcorn not stop at the colliseum (to save them getting stuck in the traffic near the blue planet aquarium twice)

I have noticed Rock Ferry putting Enviro200s on the 1 quite a bit lately. I am unsure if these are extras due to delays or unusual allocations but if they are extras, this could be Rock Ferry's plan to help reduce the effect of the oaks traffic.
(26/11/2018 12:39)iMarkeh Wrote:  They don't have a spare bus no. A few weeks ago they changed the timetable so all trips now have an extra 5 minutes on them which I would think is their way of padding up the timetable incase of delays.

I fully agree that traffic this year is worse than ever. I think it's because the car park exit is just ahead of the bus stop. Previously you would go to the roundabout and go whichever way has least traffic but now you are forced to go upto Sainsbury's roundabout.

I think Stagecoach should have a plan for Cheshire Oaks congestion. Maybe say certain buses will not serve the oaks or blue planet and will only stop at the colliseum. Maybe have the X2 from Runcorn not stop at the colliseum (to save them getting stuck in the traffic near the blue planet aquarium twice)

I have noticed Rock Ferry putting Enviro200s on the 1 quite a bit lately. I am unsure if these are extras due to delays or unusual allocations but if they are extras, this could be Rock Ferry's plan to help reduce the effect of the oaks traffic.

They do have one or two spare both Chester and RF

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)