Current time: 16/04/2024, 23:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(05/10/2018 13:10)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Here we go again, somebody knows better than the big companies. Yawnnnn

Have to agree with working in stagecoach offices and been with stagecoach for 8 years now. we now more than keyboards on here. 22 will be operated long term and there will be more revisions in the near future. Bus companies know as much as local authorities at the minute

There are major changes happening in Manchester soon. All I can say is big times ahead for stagecoach...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/10/2018 12:24)iMarkeh Wrote:  They shouldn't be interested after the X22. They lost a lot of money through that. Then again, are they just stepping in to help out like Arriva is doing? Companies can help out even when not interested in a route. It perceives them in a good light. Just because they have registered it, doesn't mean that it won't be short term. Could be a trial while emergency tenders are sorted. Either register it or they run it for free. 1 makes a little bit of money (whether it covers costs is a different matter), the other is dead cert to lose lots of money. Given it is 4 buses, that is a lot of money to lose while tenders are sorted.

They will be unlikely to run it commercially in the long run (Especially as Avon has deminims funding on the 22. Look through this link for route 22. It is funded between West Kirby and Arrowe Park.

I have no idea, but how big is Stagecoach's presence in this area since it last operated the Chester-West Kirby service? From an outsider's view it seems as if it is investing for growth in services and capacity. To be fair, when First sold up the whole set-up in the area was a basket case and credit should be given to Stagecoach for turning things around.
(05/10/2018 14:21)Barney Wrote:  I have no idea, but how big is Stagecoach's presence in this area since it last operated the Chester-West Kirby service? From an outsider's view it seems as if it is investing for growth in services and capacity. To be fair, when First sold up the whole set-up in the area was a basket case and credit should be given to Stagecoach for turning things around.
On a smaller scale, Chester and Wirral reminds me of what has happened in zone North Devon, and now Plymouth, where they steadily expand at expense of Independent operators and, of course, Fiest. Intereting times.
(05/10/2018 14:21)Barney Wrote:  I have no idea, but how big is Stagecoach's presence in this area since it last operated the Chester-West Kirby service? From an outsider's view it seems as if it is investing for growth in services and capacity. To be fair, when First sold up the whole set-up in the area was a basket case and credit should be given to Stagecoach for turning things around.
The X22 ran Chester to heswall and the 38 was extended from West Kirby to Heswall with connections between the two services. Though it's not the same as the current situation, it is similar (unless Heswall to West Kirby via Arrowe Park has a lot of demand, I don't know). Little over 3 years ago they dropped the X22.

It is good they have taken it on. I just think, if there was no money in it 3 years ago, why would there be money in it now when let's face it, wages are higher and fuel costs more. Seems a bit odd. Good luck to them. I do hope it goes well, I'm very confused why they have taken it on though.
The X22 didnt serve half the villages that the current 22 always has so of course it didnt do enough it was only a token service ran to Heswall to compete with the 22.
(05/10/2018 18:09)mr t Wrote:  The X22 didnt serve half the villages that the current 22 always has so of course it didnt do enough it was only a token service ran to Heswall to compete with the 22.

The only villages the x22 didnt serve was Willaston and Mollington. Mollington has always had low passenger numbers. I cant see Willaston being a determined factor. Even when the X22 was on its own it diddbt take loads or it would have surely been kept? it didnt run West Kirby to Heswall but the 38 was timed for connection.
(05/10/2018 14:01)Conbus Wrote:  There are major changes happening in Manchester soon. All I can say is big times ahead for stagecoach...

Bearing in mind that people on this forum may work for Stagecoach Manchester and/or have Stagecoach Manchester as the only regular form of transport available to them. It would respectfully suggest such its a bit silly to make such comments. Certainly, from an operational point of view, apart from some tender losses in Stockport, there are no significant service changes in October. So there won't be anything major until January, so with the notice period back to 42 days, it will be mid December before anything is known.

Strategically, it would be ridiculous for any large Operator in GM to make major changes until more is known about Bus Reform, and whilst "Nero" Grayling continues to drag his heels, we're all in limbo.

PS. I realise I have perpetuated the fact that your e-mail was "off-topic" by about 40 miles (lol)
(21/09/2018 19:17)gka472l Wrote:  I have heard that they *might* not be coming now.....and things to stay as they are for the time being....but with the new MMC's for the X4 due imminently, remains to be seen what happens to displaced 15739-51.

HTH

SKM suggests they will still be coming to Wirral - and soon - as all the new buses have been delivered to Kettering and at least two have entered service. Assuming this is the case, do we know which E300Ms are leaving (and to where), or is just "any 13 from 27255-72"?

ta
(06/10/2018 15:09)Brickmill Wrote:  SKM suggests they will still be coming to Wirral - and soon - as all the new buses have been delivered to Kettering and at least two have entered service. Assuming this is the case, do we know which E200Ms are leaving (and to where), or is just "any 13 from 27255-72"?

ta

I've.heard that gold 200 are off to Preston
According to a driver at rock ferry, management have seen them and are undecided weither to take the gold 400s due to age, mileage on them, apparently they spend a lot of time at the pits.
IF they come to rock ferry they have been told mid October so from next weekend onwards

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)