Current time: 16/04/2024, 08:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
That is the fastest registration ever. I'm surprised they have jumped on it after the losses on the old X22. Birkenhead will have great fun with this route. There's a lot of dead millage on the current timetables. (2 buses to West Kirby, 1 bus to Moreton and 1 to Arrowe Park. Also 2 back from West Kirby and 2 back from Heswall)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Could be Chester operated like the last time

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/10/2018 11:08)T42 PVM Wrote:  Could be Chester operated like the last time
They did post on Twitter that it would be Birkenhead ran. I have a feeling it may make its way back to Chester though when things are more settled.
Had not seen that Tweet but looking at the wording of it then i would say its only a matter of time until Chester get it back

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/10/2018 11:42)T42 PVM Wrote:  Had not seen that Tweet but looking at the wording of it then i would say its only a matter of time until Chester get it back

Thats exactly what i thought when i read it, meaning for the immediate future.

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(05/10/2018 11:42)T42 PVM Wrote:  Had not seen that Tweet but looking at the wording of it then i would say its only a matter of time until Chester get it back
They can send it to Chester. Just one problem though at the moment. Not enough drivers lol. There will be space from mid November as then the G3 will be gone as well (overall 2 full time buses will be available for use). Chester depot is very full, and very short on drivers. Throwing 4 buses into the garage along with the duties would be a mess and at least 1/2 the trips wouldn't run.

I do think it will end up back at Chester but as I say, I think they will wait for it to be more settled.
(05/10/2018 10:33)knutstransport Wrote:  Stagecoach have registered a 22 Chester to Moreton service, not supported by subsides, starting on Monday following AVON ceasing trading.

Even though stagecoach "will never be interested in the 22" according to Imark
(05/10/2018 12:14)mr t Wrote:  Even though stagecoach "will never be interested in the 22" according to Imark
They shouldn't be interested after the X22. They lost a lot of money through that. Then again, are they just stepping in to help out like Arriva is doing? Companies can help out even when not interested in a route. It perceives them in a good light. Just because they have registered it, doesn't mean that it won't be short term. Could be a trial while emergency tenders are sorted. Either register it or they run it for free. 1 makes a little bit of money (whether it covers costs is a different matter), the other is dead cert to lose lots of money. Given it is 4 buses, that is a lot of money to lose while tenders are sorted.

They will be unlikely to run it commercially in the long run (Especially as Avon has deminims funding on the 22. Look through this link for route 22. It is funded between West Kirby and Arrowe Park.
Here we go again, somebody knows better than the big companies. Yawnnnn
I don't know what the heck I have said wrong now. I am just applying logic into the situation. Stagecoach wouldn't have dropped the X22 if it made money. Therefore now the 22 is back up for grabs, there would be no reason for them to take it on commercially. It is probably just being registered so they can charge fares. Even if they cancel it in a week, they won't lose as much as if the 4 buses for free. Recoup the losses which they are likely to make.
Companies take on routes temporarily to help out. Just like when GHA went bust and when Fairbrothers had the fire WOB helped out. Ease the blow to passengers while things get sorted.

Unless passenger numbers have gone up rapidly since the X22, Stagecoach couldn't make the 2 buses work. Why would 4 buses work? (given Heswall - Arrowe Park is served by the 471/472 and West Kirby - Moreton is ran by the 38).

I think the best thing we can all do is wait and see now. We have all put forward ideas of what we think will happen and why so lets see what the next few days brings. With the giants going on and thing happening, I think everything will be up in the air today. On Monday, Merseytravel should be able to sort a lot more out as the major city event won't be taking up so much time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)