Current time: 18/04/2024, 04:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
Fairbrothers Coaches have just posted a Statement to their Facebook Page:

FAIRBROTHER COACHES LIMITED

16th August 2018

It is with a heavy heart to announce that after 26 years of serving the Warrington area Fairbrothers will no longer be operating .Due to personal reasons we have had to scale down the business.
With the help and cooperation of Warrington Own Buses they have agreed to take over all local services and school services. We have also been in negotiations to relocate Fairbrother Drivers to secure jobs with Warrington Own Buses.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who have supported our services over the years

David Fairbrother

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Area Fairbrothers still operating today does anyone know?
Find all posts by this user
(18/08/2018 08:03)T42 PVM Wrote:  Fairbrothers Coaches have just posted a Statement to their Facebook Page:

FAIRBROTHER COACHES LIMITED

16th August 2018

It is with a heavy heart to announce that after 26 years of serving the Warrington area Fairbrothers will no longer be operating .Due to personal reasons we have had to scale down the business.
With the help and cooperation of Warrington Own Buses they have agreed to take over all local services and school services. We have also been in negotiations to relocate Fairbrother Drivers to secure jobs with Warrington Own Buses.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who have supported our services over the years

David Fairbrother

Interesting.
So they are taking on everything. Realistically are they going to continue operating the public services or condense them into their own network.
The other issue is are they going to run these services with on hire notices or not charge fares. No doubt they will get the school services registered before the term starts but will be interesting to see what they do with the public work.
(17/08/2018 19:55)mr t Wrote:  It says in the paper there is "no plans to change fares or services" which seems very odd

Possibly due to what the CMA might do if the competition is reduced and passengers pay more as a result?
If they really aren't changing services or fares, pity the passengers who pay for a single fare on the 16 instead of on the 16X!
Did Fairbrothers do 7 day tickets? If so will they be accepted on Monday, a lot of people seem to buy weekly tickets on a Tuesday, presumably because of the number of Bank Holidays which are on Mondays.
(18/08/2018 08:14)Mayneway Wrote:  Interesting.
So they are taking on everything. Realistically are they going to continue operating the public services or condense them into their own network.
The other issue is are they going to run these services with on hire notices or not charge fares. No doubt they will get the school services registered before the term starts but will be interesting to see what they do with the public work.

The way i see it, WOB may take the 49 Warrington to Hope Academy Via Winwick.

1C, 15A/X and 16H/X runs the same route as WOB so WOB may change the times on those service to even it out.
(18/08/2018 08:07)Mayneway Wrote:  Area Fairbrothers still operating today does anyone know?

Nope and interestingly neither were Link Network
(18/08/2018 14:56)knutstransport Wrote:  Did Fairbrothers do 7 day tickets? If so will they be accepted on Monday, a lot of people seem to buy weekly tickets on a Tuesday, presumably because of the number of Bank Holidays which are on Mondays.
Yes. £8 weekly ticket. Not many people bought them though to my knowledge.

(18/08/2018 16:22)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Nope and interestingly neither were Link Network
Link only run 5 round trips on a Saturday. Are you sure you didn't just miss it maybe?
(18/08/2018 16:30)iMarkeh Wrote:  Yes. £8 weekly ticket. Not many people bought them though to my knowledge.

Link only run 5 round trips on a Saturday. Are you sure you didn't just miss it maybe?

Well i started my duty at 7am and finished at 3.45om and didn’t see any of their vehicles. Did a number of Penketh runs too....no sign of them

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)