Current time: 18/04/2024, 21:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
It's interesting to see Stagecoach are still expanding a bit in the Chester area. Extra turns on the Sunday X8 as well as reaching out to Guilden Sutton.

I know Helms have the 41/41A that serves Waverton, Christleton & Tattenhall, but I could see Stagecoach eventually starting to run services to those areas too?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I think if they did they would want to pick areas with decent amount of passengers , but always maximise revenue potential heading back to the depot , im not sure there is enough passengers for Stagecoach on the 41/41A yet to make a move on it.
(15/07/2018 16:29)Turbostar19 Wrote:  It's interesting to see Stagecoach are still expanding a bit in the Chester area. Extra turns on the Sunday X8 as well as reaching out to Guilden Sutton.

I know Helms have the 41/41A that serves Waverton, Christleton & Tattenhall, but I could see Stagecoach eventually starting to run services to those areas too?

(16/07/2018 14:42)wirralbus Wrote:  I think if they did they would want to pick areas with decent amount of passengers , but always maximise revenue potential heading back to the depot , im not sure there is enough passengers for Stagecoach on the 41/41A yet to make a move on it.
The 41/41A does make money. They have full standing loads in the morning and evening. The thing is, the local MD and Mr Cherry are good friends so they wouldn't jump on each others routes.

If Stagecoach want to make a decent amount of money, simply expanding into the Saighton Camp development would be a good start. Most houses are about a 10 minute walk to the bus stop including a dangerous road crossing. A small extension (which would be around 30 seconds extra each way) would serve an extra 700 homes.
A bus into Upton Dene (next to the hospital), around 300 homes there. Again, quite a few houses are quite far and a dangerous crossing away from the bus stop.

The Guilden Sutton extensions are funded by the council at the moment. It was part of the plan with withdrawing the 28, they put the funding into extending the 9. That is the only. I don't know if these upcoming extensions are funded but I would assume so.
I didnt say they dont make money , but the rate of return that Helms require for commercial route and Stagecoach would require are in different leagues .

If Stagecoach wanted to introduce services into Southern Cheshire and Northern Shropshire that route to whitchurch would be ideal , but i reckon its one thing and at a time .
I note the G3 is registered to change. I believe this is the re-routing to no longer serve Hartford Way and Bumpers Lane and to instead serve Shelley Road/Saxon Way in Blacon.
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
19038 on the 9 (Pipers Ash) this afternoon. First time I’ve ever seen anything bigger than a dart on here!

(26/07/2018 14:44)anw2015 Wrote:  19038 on the 9 (Pipers Ash) this afternoon. First time I’ve ever seen anything bigger than a dart on here!
Chester is around 5 buses short. About few buses are out at Manchester and Gillmoss waiting for new engines. Normally one bus is at Gillmoss for MOT each week I know we have recently got 2 MANs from the reserve fleet to help but the majority of routes are having bigger buses than normal.
Namely X8 shuttles are solos or Enviro300s, 15As are being ran with an Eclipse (god knows how it is getting round the back of the hospital), Connahs Quay 9s are being ran by Enviro 300s. It is mainly darts which are down but Chester does have the exact number of solos it needs for service. If one breaks, normally a dart would replace it but when the darts are all on their way out or already broke, you have to use a bigger bus.
Just a quick one, Only 1 MAN is in the Reserve Fleet that is 24173, The 2 loans you mention are just loans from the main fleet.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/07/2018 16:17)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just a quick one, Only 1 MAN is in the Reserve Fleet that is 24173, The 2 loans you mention are just loans from the main fleet.
Ahh, I thought all MANs were in reserve and just went out to depots for long or short term loan.
(26/07/2018 16:46)iMarkeh Wrote:  Ahh, I thought all MANs were in reserve and just went out to depots for long or short term loan.

No idea whos told you that but its far from correct, the Majority are still allocated to Gillmoss with about 10 at Rock Ferry and a few in Yorkshire i think

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)