Current time: 20/04/2024, 08:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(28/04/2018 12:09)Valandil Wrote:  Sorry, I meant Cheshire West "and Chester" on the CAT 9(A) Northwich services - the dividing line between the two Cheshires always baffles me.

In particular, the name "Cheshire West and Chester" sounds needlessly long given that Chester was always in Cheshire anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/05/2018 10:55)Metroline1511 Wrote:  In particular, the name "Cheshire West and Chester" sounds needlessly long given that Chester was always in Cheshire anyway.

The full official name is actually Cheshire West and City of Chester! It relates to the fact city status is applied to a borough rather than a town and people in Northwich and Winsford wouldn't want to be under the control of a council called Chester City Council.
(12/05/2018 10:53)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Given that 5 of them do not have CAT reg's, I wonder whether a few will operate on standard instead of CAT routes?

209 was on the 3 on Wednesday.
Are all of the Enviro200s in service now and does anyone know when the remaining 53/04 plate Cadets being withdrawn.
(12/05/2018 10:53)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Given that 5 of them do not have CAT reg's, I wonder whether a few will operate on standard instead of CAT routes?

By my count, if all the Cheshire Cats are Enviros, there will still be 3 left over.
If one was on the 3 the other day, I guess it proabably also did trips on the 13, 15 and 32A.
(12/05/2018 21:16)Valandil Wrote:  By my count, if all the Cheshire Cats are Enviros, there will still be 3 left over.
If one was on the 3 the other day, I guess it proabably also did trips on the 13, 15 and 32A.

Some non-route specific spare high spec vehicles sounds sensible. It's really something GHA Coaches needed when they launched the high spec Gold, Beartown and Warrington buses and then used any old bus to fill in when the regular buses were away for servicing.
(13/05/2018 10:37)knutstransport Wrote:  Some non-route specific spare high spec vehicles sounds sensible. It's really something GHA Coaches needed when they launched the high spec Gold, Beartown and Warrington buses and then used any old bus to fill in when the regular buses were away for servicing.

After thinking about it a bit longer, I don't think the figure will be as high as the 3 which I came up with, as for instance RSTurbo has said that there is a bus which does a 25 before going onto the CATs about midday, and maybe there are other similar workings too.
(12/05/2018 19:03)darylyates17 Wrote:  Are all of the Enviro200s in service now and does anyone know when the remaining 53/04 plate Cadets being withdrawn.

All were seen in service yesterday (Sat) except 210 which was parked at the back of the garage.
(20/05/2018 08:44)pete tierney Wrote:  All were seen in service yesterday (Sat) except 210 which was parked at the back of the garage.

Thanks a lot I now only need 210 to complete the Enviros as I rode most of them the other day I still also need 49,97,154 & 156 to complete the whole fleet.
I am planning to come to Warrington to get 210 if it's in service does know if 49,97,154 & 156 are in service today too as they are the remaining vehicles in the fleet that I am after.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)