Current time: 24/04/2024, 22:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
Regarding the new CAT MMC200s I'm guessing (but could be wrong) that it could be early May before we actually see them in service considering that before they enter service they've got to be all checked over and then then there's the driver familirisation programme that every driver will have to go through.

I'd be really surprised if no sooner they arrive they enter service
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/04/2018 05:30)M60lad Wrote:  Regarding the new CAT MMC200s I'm guessing (but could be wrong) that it could be early May before we actually see them in service considering that before they enter service they've got to be all checked over and then then there's the driver familirisation programme that every driver will have to go through.

Wouldn’t the already familiar drivers take them out with the rest of the drivers being trained as and when possible?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/04/2018 05:30)M60lad Wrote:  Regarding the new CAT MMC200s I'm guessing (but could be wrong) that it could be early May before we actually see them in service considering that before they enter service they've got to be all checked over and then then there's the driver familirisation programme that every driver will have to go through.

I agree that it will be a few weeks before they enter service - last I heard they still need vinyls and the driver familiarisation will definitely take a while (there are over 100 drivers).
Warrington have always seemed fairly slow at getting vehicles out (not a criticism, just an observation) - it took a few weeks for the Optare Solos to see service when they were bought a number of years ago and a really, really long time for the Wright Geminis to see service after they were acquired (I think it was months), though that was a little different as they weren't bought new and required alterations.
The new Enviro200s will be numbered 201-213
(10/04/2018 22:58)Valandil Wrote:  That's really interesting, thanks!
It has made quite an interesting logic puzzle working out the details - might it have been the following, if you can remember?

25 1015 - 1202
5o 1208 - 1314
5Ai1321 - 1435
- meal break -
21 1530 - 1605
13 1610 - 1655
19 1702 - 1848

I guess that in the future that first part may have a Cheshire Cat vehicle allocated, meaning a Cheshire Cat in Orford, Cinnamon Brow and Birchwood on route 25.

Any information on workings is always much appreciated!

I believe that is correct Valandi. Anytime you need any more information on duties etc, feel free to let me know
Network Warrington are inviting residents ‘down the rabbit hole’ for a ‘magical launch party.’
10am-4pm Saturday 21st April @ Old Market Place, Golden Square, Warrington Town Centre.

The event is supported by ADL... I wonder what this is, twenty days after the CAT’s launch.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Is it just the 53 Plate Cadets that the new Enviro200s are replacing or are the 04 Plates going as well
(11/04/2018 21:35)darylyates17 Wrote:  Is it just the 53 Plate Cadets that the new Enviro200s are replacing or are the 04 Plates going as well

No official decision has yet been made but I wouldn’t necessarily assume it will be the 53/04 plates being withdrawn
I guess whatever is in the best condition will be retained btw are all Cadets (except the one that had the fire (I think it was 52) still in service as I still need 36-38,43,49,50,52 (if im wrong about it catching fire) 66,67 & 76 to complete the fleet of Cadets
Cadets 36,37, 38 are withdrawn and won’t be back in service. You are right that 52 was involved in the fire and is currently stored. The rest of the Cadets are still in service though I believe 43 has been VOR for a few weeks so I’m not sure if it’s future is doomed...all the other Cadets are in service

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)