Current time: 02/05/2024, 14:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
There was a few factors that caused it problems:
1.Heavy traffic congestion by warrington bank quay.
2.heavy traffic in peak times on old chester road.
3.swing bridge when that opens/closes.
4.funding was withdrawn.
The positive in it was the sunday service stayed even though that was part of the t+c's of the funding so many thought that would of terminated with the funding.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/03/2018 20:02)RedPanda Wrote:  I have wondered that why Bank Quay doesn't have a bus service running past it. Couldn't see Arriva operating it, St Helens depot or other depots that operate along Liverpool Road or past Network Warrington's depot. It would be better suited to those more local to Warrington or a fair bit of layover to kill.

Many years ago, buses did go past Bank Quay, when the bus station was adjacent to the long-closed Arpley station. However, especially since the opening of Golden Square shopping centre, that area is much more attractive to passengers than the Arpley area.
For those wondering I have now completed the whole fleet except 2949 whats the latest with its repair and refurb and when can we expect it back. 4178 was SORNed when I last checked it but its still showing on Quack77s list.
4178 is Withdrawn, only 4169 is in use here

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03/03/2018 14:04)darylyates17 Wrote:  For those wondering I have now completed the whole fleet except 2949 whats the latest with its repair and refurb and when can we expect it back. 4178 was SORNed when I last checked it but its still showing on Quack77s list.

When i last checked was still waiting for the new front end to be put on but the rest of the bus as been refurbed and into new livery.
(03/03/2018 18:35)motormayhem1 Wrote:  When i last checked was still waiting for the new front end to be put on but the rest of the bus as been refurbed and into new livery.

Thanks for the update mate let me know as soon as you know when its gonna be back
(03/03/2018 19:47)darylyates17 Wrote:  Thanks for the update mate let me know as soon as you know when its gonna be back

Please...
Il try grab a look tonight see how further its on.
(03/03/2018 20:28)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Il try grab a look tonight see how further its on.

Thank You very much again I appreciate it a lot what you for us.
4169 out on 31's today.

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)