Current time: 16/04/2024, 17:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(02/03/2018 13:30)Penny Return Wrote:  Wonder how long it will be before new deckers appear on the 1 after 22 April

From what I can gather there not...its just a route change that been requested
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This route change was mentioned last year in rock Ferrys driver meeting and also the possibility of deckers on the 1, so deckers could still be a possibility at some point but not straight away
Thanks for the information. It does leave me wondering though.

As mentioned earlier, Heath Road & Mill Lane generate quite a bit of local traffic, and I can guarantee that won't transfer over to Upton Lane easily. In Crosville days, the C40 did well & I would be very surprised if Stagecoach weren't planning to plug the gap left by moving route 1.

The only reason I can think for the move is to avoid the bridge at Bache, in which case, the way would be clear to operate deckers on the route.

Re-routing the 2 won't do the trick, as that would reduce the frequency in that part of Upton below what I would deem reasonable. Neither will diverting the 26 do the trick.
If Wealdstone lane is wide enough for buses, the 51 being converted to a circular is an option??

(Of course would need to stick to single decks)
(02/03/2018 17:42)E208 WBG Wrote:  I been informed 1 will still do flag lane then turing right down the 'Double Decker Route' to the frog and same on return so at a guess I suspect Arrowebrook 26 will divert past bache station eg switch routes but I dont know if im honest

This is most likely option and from what little info we been given it might be
(02/03/2018 19:51)SandyDrew Wrote:  If Wealdstone lane is wide enough for buses, the 51 being converted to a circular is an option??

(Of course would need to stick to single decks)

That would cause uproar on Dicksons Drive. It did when Brook Lane Bridge was being sorted and the 51s were going through Hoole. They were livid they had to go the long way to get to town, this would be the same but in reverse, the long way to get home. As others have said (and myself before), the 26 is most likely to just be re-routed.
All Birkenhead 2s are double deckers today 10888, 18441 and 19018 being 3 of them this is due to Merseyrail strike..
(03/03/2018 08:58)E208 WBG Wrote:  All Birkenhead 2s are double deckers today 10888, 18441 and 19018 being 3 of them this is due to Merseyrail strike..

19018, 19022, 19054, 19061, 18441 and 10888 where on 2s this morning from Birkenhead Depot taken off for Soccor buses later on.

19031 and 19070 (I think) from Chester where on there 2s
19031 was also on the 2 today.
(03/03/2018 23:49)508143 Wrote:  19031 was also on the 2 today.

Read post aboveI had already listed that

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)