Current time: 18/04/2024, 09:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(13/02/2018 18:43)chester285 Wrote:  your correct in saying that the SP1 is being renumbered to the 5 and 5A but they are staying with Chester and not transferring to Rockferry, regarding the 5A could this not be the Duplicate that Flintshire council have requested for school times? Is it possible that the new 5 could be re-routed to serve Stanney replacing that part of the 6, by doing that is does remove the SP1 (5) from running the full length of Stanney Lane is already served by the X2, X8 and the 1
(13/02/2018 20:56)chester285 Wrote:  Is there any reasoning for the 6 returning to chester?
Service 5 is the replacement for the SP services. Whether this is SP1 or SP2 is unknown but it is a replacement for the SPs as a whole and not just the duplicate bus. Renumbering it does sound as if it is being routed around Stanney. I would have thought with the time the SPs have, it would only be able to safely do Rugby Road. That is unless the SP running time is increased and so the duties went SP to Eport, 5A, 5A, SP out. The Stanney Grange circular only takes about 20 minutes (stagecoach have padded the timetable for some unknown reason around Dover Drive) meaning it is possible for it to work that way. That is why I suggested a POSSIBLE move to Chester. Is isn't confirmed as it is just my opinion and at no point did I suggest that. I said does the service changes mean it is moving and didnt say it is moving.
(13/02/2018 21:40)E208 WBG Wrote:  Its unconfirmed... tbh I think 5A and 6 be out of Rock Ferry as can keep them both together and run them same loop as now just change number in the port...

The 5 will be just the SP1 I presume but have wait and see
That would mean missing out most of Deeside Industrial estate which I would assume can be very busy. Not like there are few businesses there. Does the 2 hourly frequency put people off around there compared to the old GHA frequency of half hourly?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/02/2018 02:48)iMarkeh Wrote:  Service 5 is the replacement for the SP services. Whether this is SP1 or SP2 is unknown but it is a replacement for the SPs as a whole and not just the duplicate bus. Renumbering it does sound as if it is being routed around Stanney. I would have thought with the time the SPs have, it would only be able to safely do Rugby Road. That is unless the SP running time is increased and so the duties went SP to Eport, 5A, 5A, SP out. The Stanney Grange circular only takes about 20 minutes (stagecoach have padded the timetable for some unknown reason around Dover Drive) meaning it is possible for it to work that way. That is why I suggested a POSSIBLE move to Chester. Is isn't confirmed as it is just my opinion and at no point did I suggest that. I said does the service changes mean it is moving and didnt say it is moving.
That would mean missing out most of Deeside Industrial estate which I would assume can be very busy. Not like there are few businesses there. Does the 2 hourly frequency put people off around there compared to the old GHA frequency of half hourly?

Dont forget when Stagecoach started it was only SP1 in and SP2 back could they not do same with 5 and run it in a 1 way loop unless 5A is the reverse but does stanney on way to and from Mold

That way people in Stanney can go to E Port or C Oaks and beyond

And leave short 6 as a stand alone in Birkenhead
5A is only to Stanney Grange CWACC says. The 5 is Eport - Mold. Stagecoach do 1 there 2 back because it was in conjunction with Arriva. That is no longer the case. I do think the 5 will divert via Stanney though en-route to Mold. That could increase journey times so overall I estimate 1h 5min round trip. 5A only takes 20 minutes so 1h 5min + 2x5A then back onto route 5 (sp)

It is possible the 5A will interwork with the 6 but in that case why not number it 6A or something relevant to the 6? Numbering it 5A would suggest it works with the 5 somehow whether that be interworking or running to/from the same place or along the same route somehow. The fact the SPs are being renumbered as well. Why would the SPs be registered with the 5A (stanney grange 6) if they weren't working together. You would just amend the SPs and add 6A to the route 6. Too much says the routes will move either to Chester or to Rock Ferry.

All my assumptions could be completely wrong but too much links together. Registering them, renumbering (not like confusion was being caused).
(14/02/2018 05:45)iMarkeh Wrote:  5A is only to Stanney Grange CWACC says. The 5 is Eport - Mold. Stagecoach do 1 there 2 back because it was in conjunction with Arriva. That is no longer the case. I do think the 5 will divert via Stanney though en-route to Mold. That could increase journey times so overall I estimate 1h 5min round trip. 5A only takes 20 minutes so 1h 5min + 2x5A then back onto route 5 (sp)

It is possible the 5A will interwork with the 6 but in that case why not number it 6A or something relevant to the 6? Numbering it 5A would suggest it works with the 5 somehow whether that be interworking or running to/from the same place or along the same route somehow. The fact the SPs are being renumbered as well. Why would the SPs be registered with the 5A (stanney grange 6) if they weren't working together. You would just amend the SPs and add 6A to the route 6. Too much says the routes will move either to Chester or to Rock Ferry.

All my assumptions could be completely wrong but too much links together. Registering them, renumbering (not like confusion was being caused).

The 5 is continuing to be run by Chester with the 5A being run by both Chester and Rockferry no other information about duties as yet!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(14/02/2018 18:39)chester285 Wrote:  The 5 is continuing to be run by Chester with the 5A being run by both Chester and Rockferry no other information about duties as yet!

5A being run by both Chester and Rock Ferry presume once a hour interworked with 6 and once a hour interworked with 5?

So RF only need 1 bus on it
(14/02/2018 21:47)E208 WBG Wrote:  5A being run by both Chester and Rock Ferry presume once a hour interworked with 6 and once a hour interworked with 5?

So RF only need 1 bus on it

If the 5 is kept within 55 mins each way, then it will be a standalone service most probably. If it takes much longer, it will interwork with 5a is my guess. Seems very odd to number 2 different services going 2 different places on 2 different routes if they won't interwork or be ran by the same depot. Only a few days till we find out. Then SC release the timetable.
(15/02/2018 07:10)iMarkeh Wrote:  If the 5 is kept within 55 mins each way, then it will be a standalone service most probably. If it takes much longer, it will interwork with 5a is my guess. Seems very odd to number 2 different services going 2 different places on 2 different routes if they won't interwork or be ran by the same depot. Only a few days till we find out. Then SC release the timetable.

On a different note regarding timetables the 61,61x, and 62, DB4 have now been posted on the stagecoach app

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(15/02/2018 08:00)chester285 Wrote:  On a different note regarding timetables the 61,61x, and 62, DB4 have now been posted on the stagecoach app

What a weird timetable on 61/2. Surely it must interwork somewhere. I wonder if the SP dupe will be short hopped with the number 5 coming in and then run that bus onto the DB4???
(15/02/2018 08:11)iMarkeh Wrote:  What a weird timetable on 61/2. Surely it must interwork somewhere. I wonder if the SP dupe will be short hopped with the number 5 coming in and then run that bus onto the DB4???

Think leaving it as DB1/2 would have been safer..I feel sorry for people in Kinnerton that have no bus to Hope or out that way as a fair few used to use it that way
(15/02/2018 12:02)E208 WBG Wrote:  Think leaving it as DB1/2 would have been safer..I feel sorry for people in Kinnerton that have no bus to Hope or out that way as a fair few used to use it that way

X9???? Db2 was funded for Saltney Ferry and db1 from Kinnerton to Mold by Flintshire council who evidently are no longer putting in their funding. All of Mold to Caergwyle is covered by the 40, Caergwyle to Kinnerton is X9. They are buses along where people want to do, they just have to change buses. No point funding 2 buses to do the same section.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)