Current time: 16/04/2024, 20:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
I think it's going via Collins Green and Burtonwood to provide a replacement for the 24E.

Yes, there do seem to be vehicles, usually deckers, out on the 16 and 16A which are completely off timetable.
It completely confused me at first as I was trying to work out which trips they were meant to be on, if they were running early or very late etc.
The 16 and 16A should generally work onto and off completely different routes during the daytime, to avoid an extensive 10-minute layover, so if a vehicle comes in as a 16/16A and goes back out as a 16/16A then it makes you think twice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/02/2018 07:39)Valandil Wrote:  I think it's going via Collins Green and Burtonwood to provide a replacement for the 24E.

Yes, there do seem to be vehicles, usually deckers, out on the 16 and 16A which are completely off timetable.
It completely confused me at first as I was trying to work out which trips they were meant to be on, if they were running early or very late etc.
The 16 and 16A should generally work onto and off completely different routes during the daytime, to avoid an extensive 10-minute layover, so if a vehicle comes in as a 16/16A and goes back out as a 16/16A then it makes you think twice.
Yeah, they are dupes. I was out noting numbers the other day and thought I would venture out to see if they were dupes or just bus duties had changed. There was a guy in non uniform driving them. I even saw them parked up on Bewsey Road when I went past. I think the 16s are coming off the 4As I keep seeing. I cant remember any other routes they came off. Most drivers had changed the dests ready.
(12/02/2018 14:32)iMarkeh Wrote:  Yeah, they are dupes. I was out noting numbers the other day and thought I would venture out to see if they were dupes or just bus duties had changed. There was a guy in non uniform driving them. I even saw them parked up on Bewsey Road when I went past. I think the 16s are coming off the 4As I keep seeing. I cant remember any other routes they came off. Most drivers had changed the dests ready.

Yep, those 16s/16As will also generally then go onto a 10.
Has anyone noticed the Fare Finder section on the website is blank
(12/02/2018 07:39)Valandil Wrote:  I think it's going via Collins Green and Burtonwood to provide a replacement for the 24E.

Has there been a massive, unexpected demand for this service to warrant duplication?
(12/02/2018 20:19)knutstransport Wrote:  Has anyone noticed the Fare Finder section on the website is blank

It works for me
Surely an extension of the 24E to Newton via the 22E between Earlestown and Newton and then on to Wigan would make better sense, as mentioned the service can't pick much up between Winwick and Newton.
(12/02/2018 20:36)Y474 KNF Wrote:  It works for me

It's back up now. The section under "If you need help planning your route click here to go to our journey planner." wasn't appearing the last couple of times I visited the page in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
23, 23A, 25A and 25B all showing as cancelled on VOSA.

No revision for the 47 registered despite withdrawal of Cheshire East funding, so maybe they'll keep the High Legh extension? If so a shame they haven't extended to Knutsford, given they'll no other services between High Legh and Knutsford when the 289 goes and it wouldn't cost much to extend.
5 buses heading up towards Dallam on the 16s within 5 minutes of eachother the other day. They are really trying to get Fairbrothers out. You can tell this guy worked at First before he worked at Network Warrington.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)