Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
From the memo we had in the depot the other week its a permanent move. I drive past the site on the C56 and as yet there doesn't look like much work going on but the move is definitely april. The site on the football ground collapsed due to contamination.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/01/2018 13:39)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  From the memo we had in the depot the other week its a permanent move. I drive past the site on the C56 and as yet there doesn't look like much work going on but the move is definitely april. The site on the football ground collapsed due to contamination.

Is there much size difference between both sites?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(28/01/2018 14:23)chester285 Wrote:  Is there much size difference between both sites?

To be honest with you it's difficult to tell what side of the road they're having. I've been told the old morrey's fuel site and if it is its possibly a bit bigger than the one on liverpool road.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
Quick question how many vehicles in the fleet were ordered under First if as I know there is some Volvo B7s and Stagecoach don't normally order those
(28/01/2018 18:56)darylyates17 Wrote:  Quick question how many vehicles in the fleet were ordered under First if as I know there is some Volvo B7s and Stagecoach don't normally order those

I think just the Wright vehicles?
As far as I know just 7 Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse at Chester 21256, 21257, 21258, 21259, 21260, 21261 & 21262 are ex FirstGroup.

Total of 61 service buses at Chester so the other 54 are new to Stagecoach (or hired in like 80035!).

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Stagecoach have been a breathe of fresh air , if First Group had got there way i am sure the depots at Chester and Rock Ferry would have long since bitten the dust.

Seemed like it was too far from First Potteries main operating area and First Manchester really never wanted this odd area in there sphere of operations.

Stagecoach Manager's seem to have had a chance to think things through and looks at things that could work and and in a good majority of occasions have worked.
And buses with First Potteries are now registered with First Essex in Chelmsford!

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(29/01/2018 06:04)wirralbus Wrote:  Stagecoach have been a breathe of fresh air , if First Group had got there way i am sure the depots at Chester and Rock Ferry would have long since bitten the dust.

Seemed like it was too far from First Potteries main operating area and First Manchester really never wanted this odd area in there sphere of operations.

Stagecoach Manager's seem to have had a chance to think things through and looks at things that could work and and in a good majority of occasions have worked.

I can't see much that has changed with Stagecoach in Chester.
26 (6) round Belgrave Rd was withdrawn
15 has gradually decreased in frequency (surely would have been a joint decision with Arriva)
51 reduced to half hourly (and has caused increase in journey time)
5 increased in frequency (due to funding from housing development near Rake & Pikel)
7 & 9 decreased (unsure why) and route 9 for some odd reason re-routed (I thought it was only temporary while Westminster Rd bridge was sorted)

On the whole, apart from a few minor changes, I can't see anything big that has happened. Route 1 is on the same frequency and route 2 is now Stagecoach exclusive. The majority of the time First operated, there were in competition. They had to try and win customers. By the time of the sale to Stagecoach, the partnerships had come into place calming things down.

The biggest change since Stagecoach came in is the contract wins and the X8 introduction. I don't know if it is just pot luck that more companies are ceasing trading/withdrawing services now compared to when First operated but if that is the case, there wouldnt have been many contracts up for grabs.
The X8 is a fantastic route especially now it has the normal Enviro400s back. It was a really good call. A big risk but it has definitely paid off. Just a shame it isn't a little quicker as I think a lot more people would use it. The Zoo stop seems somewhat underused apart from the summer. I would personally have reverted to the old Chester - Cheshire Oaks route in the winter via the M53 but there will be reasons for not changing it. The morning trips I see quite a few people boarding even at the train station which is an interesting stop (given the train is quicker and car parking costs around the station are quite high).
(29/01/2018 10:27)iMarkeh Wrote:  I can't see much that has changed with Stagecoach in Chester.
26 (6) round Belgrave Rd was withdrawn
15 has gradually decreased in frequency (surely would have been a joint decision with Arriva)
51 reduced to half hourly (and has caused increase in journey time)
5 increased in frequency (due to funding from housing development near Rake & Pikel)
7 & 9 decreased (unsure why) and route 9 for some odd reason re-routed (I thought it was only temporary while Westminster Rd bridge was sorted)

On the whole, apart from a few minor changes, I can't see anything big that has happened. Route 1 is on the same frequency and route 2 is now Stagecoach exclusive. The majority of the time First operated, there were in competition. They had to try and win customers. By the time of the sale to Stagecoach, the partnerships had come into place calming things down.

The biggest change since Stagecoach came in is the contract wins and the X8 introduction. I don't know if it is just pot luck that more companies are ceasing trading/withdrawing services now compared to when First operated but if that is the case, there wouldnt have been many contracts up for grabs.
The X8 is a fantastic route especially now it has the normal Enviro400s back. It was a really good call. A big risk but it has definitely paid off. Just a shame it isn't a little quicker as I think a lot more people would use it. The Zoo stop seems somewhat underused apart from the summer. I would personally have reverted to the old Chester - Cheshire Oaks route in the winter via the M53 but there will be reasons for not changing it. The morning trips I see quite a few people boarding even at the train station which is an interesting stop (given the train is quicker and car parking costs around the station are quite high).

Your contradicting yourself a bit there, in one paragraph your saying you can't see anything big has happened and yet in another you saying the biggest change since stagecoach came in was the introduction of the X8 I would say that was a big change for Stagecoach in Chester!

There may not have been significant changes to routes other than those you have mentioned and I'm sure there is a plausible reason as for why Stagecoach have made those changes, but look at the investment as a whole that has been made since taking over from First, bringing in brand new 67 plates for the 471/472, 16 plates for the Chester Park & Rides and 65 plates for the 1 & 2 that's something First weren't very forth coming with (I think the only Investment they made was the 14 B7 RLES for the retained Park & Ride Contract). Ok Chester hasn't seen the level of brand new vehicles like Rockferry has seen, but they are operating newer vehicles than the rubbish first operated. It certainly is a step in the right direction

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)