Current time: 27/04/2024, 21:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Platt Bridge (Scrap Storage)
RE: Platt Bridge (Scrap Storage)
Y47ABA has turned up
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
was that 4001 in the arriva fleet at Laird Street?
Find all posts by this user
(03/01/2018 00:37)bus401 Wrote:  was that 4001 in the arriva fleet at Laird Street?

New to Bluebus, spent some time at Green Lane? and then joined Laird Street.
Wavertree is a destination on a photo of it and I assume it's was a GL.
(03/01/2018 06:31)RedPanda Wrote:  New to Bluebus, spent some time at Green Lane? and then joined Laird Street.
Wavertree is a destination on a photo of it and I assume it's was a GL.

It has never operated for Arriva Green Lane.

It was new to Blue Bus Bolton as #47. Operations were purchased by Arriva where it was repainted and operated out of Bolton until around late 2007, where it transferred to Speke and operated largely on the 78. It was then branded for 'le bus 82' in early 2008, debranded late 2009/early 2010.

It was then repainted into 'interurban' livery and sent to Laird Street (still with 'High Quality, High Frequency" on the windows"). It later received Hanover LED destinations around 2013 and then sold to Wigan Coachways in 2015, later transferring into the Rotola fleet.

It is currently in a shell-state, with useful parts such as rear lights, gearbox and engine removed
(03/01/2018 14:48)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It has never operated for Arriva Green Lane.

It was new to Blue Bus Bolton as #47. Operations were purchased by Arriva where it was repainted and operated out of Bolton until around late 2007, where it transferred to Speke and operated largely on the 78. It was then branded for 'le bus 82' in early 2008, debranded late 2009/early 2010.

It was then repainted into 'interurban' livery and sent to Laird Street (still with 'High Quality, High Frequency" on the windows"). It later received Hanover LED destinations around 2013 and then sold to Wigan Coachways in 2015, later transferring into the Rotola fleet.
Thanks for the info and confirming which depots it operated from
It was also at Manchester depot and never officially transferred to Rotala

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Looks like an arriva DLA as turned up and parked outside the scrap yard looking in a truly sorry state.
(28/01/2018 14:42)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Looks like an arriva DLA as turned up and parked outside the scrap yard looking in a truly sorry state.

Definitely a DLA MM?
Pilkington Bus bought X442XHX from Arriva Shires last year and upto now haven't bothered repainting it as far as I'm aware. That's an Alexander Trident.
I don't want to be speculating but Pilkington have a history with Biffa (yard owners) with a G reg Olympian and I'm sure something else but what I can't think.
Could be wrong but from what i could see as was driving past it looked like a DLA.
I've decided against a ride to Wigan due to a bad cold, hopefully somebody has beat me to it IDing the DLA
Sorry MM

User(s) browsing this thread: