Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Platt Bridge (Scrap Storage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Another first bus as turned up in the scrap storage place in platt bridge and looks to be from Devon and Cornwall and 3 various mercedes midi buses have turned up to one being an ex stagecoach still in stagecoach livery.
(03/04/2016 11:41)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Another first bus as turned up in the scrap storage place in platt bridge and looks to be from Devon and Cornwall and 3 various mercedes midi buses have turned up to one being an ex stagecoach still in stagecoach livery.

Two of the First vehicles are 42725 & 48225, a friend visited a few days back.

HTH
(03/04/2016 11:41)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Another first bus as turned up in the scrap storage place in platt bridge and looks to be from Devon and Cornwall and 3 various mercedes midi buses have turned up to one being an ex stagecoach still in stagecoach livery.

With the large number of non-DDA single deckers awaiting scraping, and with the impending large number of non-DDA double decker's expecting to be shortly withdrawn.

I am guessing that the scrap business, would be a good business to be in.
(03/04/2016 12:50)WhiteVanMan Wrote: [ -> ]With the large number of non-DDA single deckers awaiting scraping, and with the impending large number of non-DDA double decker's expecting to be shortly withdrawn.

I am guessing that the scrap business, would be a good business to be in.

And it's possible scrap yards aren't offering great prices to operators
(03/04/2016 14:04)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]And it's possible scrap yards aren't offering great prices to operators

I suppose if your an operator and you have a vehicle/s thar have come to the end of there operational use or your no longer able to use them due to contractual or legal obligations then there's not very many options left other than to accept the offer on offered to scrap. Is it fair to say the number of single deckers scraped over the last 18/24 months has actually risen greatly due to the DDA regulations? Are we suddenly going to see a huge swave of deckers culled in 2017??
You'd expect there to have been an increase in single decks scrapped, but I actually think that's been cancelled out by the drop in scrap price (due to oversupply of steel in the world market).

Scrap is not a great market to be in at the moment, the dumping of Chinese steel on Western markets has far reaching implications...
A chap I know recently scrapped an accident damaged SLF Dart, and got little over £200 for it off the scrap man. A friend of mine recently scrapped their car and was offered £20 from one yard. Prices at an all time low!
(03/04/2016 15:18)mbonwick Wrote: [ -> ]You'd expect there to have been an increase in single decks scrapped, but I actually think that's been cancelled out by the drop in scrap price (due to oversupply of steel in the world market).

Scrap is not a great market to be in at the moment, the dumping of Chinese steel on Western markets has far reaching implications...

So is there vast amount of redundant deckers sat around or has the poor scrap prices pushed operators where possible to convert vehicles so they are DDA complient?

On the subject of Chinese Steel, it's crazy to think that there was a tv advert running proclaiming that the UK trading with the Far East was a wonderful thing - not if you work in the uk steel industry.
Even more buses have turned up as just noticed a leyland olympian and a green and cream dennis spd.
(02/05/2016 12:28)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Even more buses have turned up as just noticed a leyland olympian and a green and cream dennis spd.

Is the dart by the entrance to the yard? I noticed it on Wednesday and it looked like a clean bus but with the usual withdrawn and scrap treatment
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's