Current time: 28/03/2024, 23:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Intersting to note, Stagecoach have thrown in short notice cancellations on both 1/2/X1 (Chester-Mold-Ruthin) which I hear is going to M&H Coaches and also cancelled the C56. I haven't heard if anyone else is taking that on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Chester depot have lost the denbighshire contract for 1/2/x1 chester/mold to ruthin from 12th march to m&h coaches, shame its going as was a nice route to travel on especially the 2, the db routes i believe are up for tender at the moment or shortly will be, could they go for them, its well known though that both stagecoach & arriva chestet depots are at full capacity
(20/01/2018 15:36)mtl97 Wrote:  Chester depot have lost the denbighshire contract for 1/2/x1 chester/mold to ruthin from 12th march to m&h coaches, shame its going as was a nice route to travel on especially the 2, the db routes i believe are up for tender at the moment or shortly will be, could they go for them, its well known though that both stagecoach & arriva chestet depots are at full capacity

Arriva only have 5 spare buses in the Chester depot.
(20/01/2018 15:36)mtl97 Wrote:  Chester depot have lost the denbighshire contract for 1/2/x1 chester/mold to ruthin from 12th march to m&h coaches, shame its going as was a nice route to travel on especially the 2, the db routes i believe are up for tender at the moment or shortly will be, could they go for them, its well known though that both stagecoach & arriva chestet depots are at full capacity

Stagecoach Chester is moving to what I hear is a smaller depot but it looks bigger meaning if it is bigger, maybe it can accommodate the DBs. If it is smaller, Arriva may keep it.

Though unlikely, it is worth noting that Helms and Arrowebrook operate tendered services in Cheshire and depending who the tender went out via, either of these could be viable options. They will want a bit more money but if they can get hold of the buses and Arriva/SC are at capacity, there are few other options unless you start moving X8s out to RF or something similar.
I do probably think it will give the depot at Chester a little bit of breathing room , losing that work.

One thing it does say though is that in an emergency im sure Chester could accomodate some work , but was probably unsustainable in the long term without more space being available.

I am therefore relieved that I rode route X1 then route 2 last May. Stagecoach will still have a toehold in the area as a result of running route X9, as highlighted above.
I wouldn’t of thought Chester losing the X1 and that would be a great loss to them, not sure what the patronage was like on it

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(20/01/2018 22:02)chester285 Wrote:  I wouldn’t of thought Chester losing the X1 and that would be a great loss to them, not sure what the patronage was like on it

The patronage is irrelevant really. It is a tendered service. From what can be gathered from the times, it is only there for dead milage (first and last trips) and driver changes/breaks (midday trips). There is no other reasonable reason as to why the X1 is even extended to Chester. Apart from Padeswood the whole route is covered.

If the X1 was more often, it would be a whole different story and it would make a killing but that would have to be commercial which SC wouldn't run but otherwise, as said above, it isn't needed at all. I have jumped on the 06:30 before and apart from myself there is normally 1/2 people. No one travels further than Airbus.
(19/01/2018 20:18)iMarkeh Wrote:  Intersting to note, Stagecoach have thrown in short notice cancellations on both 1/2/X1 (Chester-Mold-Ruthin) which I hear is going to M&H Coaches and also cancelled the C56. I haven't heard if anyone else is taking that on.

I have heard rumours they bidded for Cheshire Council contracts on DeeBee's weather they got them is another story.....also are they keeping service 9/X9/109 & SP1/2 as there up for tender I believe with the other ex GHA Flintshire Contracts

As stated this is only rumour so not confired in any way at present
If you are talking about the 82 from Chester to Northwich it is a commercial service so not up for tender

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)