Current time: 01/06/2024, 14:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool Lime Street to get an overhaul
RE: Liverpool Lime Street to get an overhaul
(01/10/2017 19:31)RedPanda Wrote:  Is that the one where a passenger complained that he'd just missed the train for Wigan, moaning about being late for work?
Nice thing about that coach was it was nice and cool with part leather seating

That's the one - 1500 from Lime Street - were you on it as well?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/10/2017 19:58)St Helens Rider Wrote:  That's the one - 1500 from Lime Street - were you on it as well?

Green polo shirt at the front, lefthand side
I think your looking at it from a negative were I'm trying to look at a positive, sadly I won't be catching a stopper equivalent
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The only reason for the negativity is that other closures in this area have used local operators who have a better knowledge of the area. Yes the vehicle was comfortable but not very good in terms of access. Also missing the rail connection on what is only an hourly service isn"t good either. Overheard one lady saying she was trying to get to Oxenholme, so the delay made that journey even longer than it already would have been.
(01/10/2017 20:20)St Helens Rider Wrote:  The only reason for the negativity is that other closures in this area have used local operators who have a better knowledge of the area. Yes the vehicle was comfortable but not very good in terms of access. Also missing the rail connection on what is only an hourly service isn"t good either. Overheard one lady saying she was trying to get to Oxenholme, so the delay made that journey even longer than it already would have been.
Why did she not travel Liverpool Central-Ormskirk-Preston? Recommended NRE route.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(02/10/2017 04:09)childwallblues Wrote:  Why did she not travel Liverpool Central-Ormskirk-Preston? Recommended NRE route.

People are set in there ways that is why they all seem to descend on Liverpool Lime Street first.
The point I am making is that this journey (and possibly others) were not the so called quality experience that Merseytravel/Northern/Network Rail were/are making it out to be.
I returned from the Wirral bus show yesterday and changed at Moorfields. As I stepped onto the platform a tran ran in and terminated while the screen was showing Liverpool South Parkway - no announcements either, although there may have been one before I got there.
Crowd control at South Parkway was rather desultory - someone shouted out "have your tickets ready" at the Merseyrail barrier but no real effort to actually check them, and none at all at the main line ones. Pendo just running in so, passengers on and off clashed - I had been on the bridge for a little while before someone shouted out that London passengers should queue behind some tensa barriers opposite the lifts, which of course most passengers didn't hear/didn't choose to hear. I would have thought it would have been better for passengers off London services to exit via the temporary ramp - it would be interesting to see if that happens if any London clubs play in Liverpool during the blockade.
In my eyes a coach is luxury travel. Most younger persons will moan because they don't have WIFI and USB Chargers. Get a life for an hour!

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
https://mobile.twitter.com/NetworkRailLI...9736356865
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/...2081968128

User(s) browsing this thread: