Current time: 20/04/2024, 03:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Ive seen relief x8 & most of them are busy, there is a need for them, i think it was a good idea of stagecoach to do it, first wouldnt of
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The QWest staff at the CBI are saying the G3 it is free as well. It is daft is that is the case. Also, why not save money and use a solo... Cheaper than a brand new bus. Unless tender states that was the case.
Either way, an unusual vehicle for Stagecoach, might go out for a ride on it one day when it arrives!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(03/08/2017 11:52)iMarkeh Wrote:  The QWest staff at the CBI are saying the G3 it is free as well. It is daft is that is the case. Also, why not save money and use a solo... Cheaper than a brand new bus. Unless tender states that was the case.

It could be the vehicle is being supplied by the council on a lease agreement hence why that style of vehicle, is being used, and as far as I know Chester isn't expecting any new vehicles, I know CWAC do have something similar in use

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
I didnt know CWAC leased vehicles out like that. Also as for their fleet, I thought it was all step entrance minibuses with a rear door for ramp access. I didnt think low floor minibus... Will be interesting if this is the case. Very interested.
(03/08/2017 12:02)buses7675 Wrote:  Either way, an unusual vehicle for Stagecoach, might go out for a ride on it one day when it arrives!

Sure there are some on order elsewhere in uk, could just divert one
(03/08/2017 10:16)CTL45 Wrote:  The G3 will charge normal fares. Vehicle of choice is a Mellor Strata bodied Sprinter by all accounts, should be interesting.

Can i ask how you know that its charging normal fares?

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(03/08/2017 13:54)iMarkeh Wrote:  I didnt know CWAC leased vehicles out like that. Also as for their fleet, I thought it was all step entrance minibuses with a rear door for ramp access. I didnt think low floor minibus... Will be interesting if this is the case. Very interested.

They certainly have done in the past it could be the case that the vehicle is supplied with the contract especially as it's a none standard vehicle for stagecoach it will be interesting to see what livery adapts

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(03/08/2017 17:18)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  Can i ask how you know that its charging normal fares?

It was tendered as such.
(03/08/2017 19:31)chester285 Wrote:  They certainly have done in the past it could be the case that the vehicle is supplied with the contract especially as it's a none standard vehicle for stagecoach it will be interesting to see what livery adapts

I understand that the vehicle will be a long term demonstrator loaned directly from Mellor, for in-service appraisal.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)