Current time: 28/04/2024, 04:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(02/07/2017 11:31)wirralbus Wrote:  Stagecoach have always looked at there X2 as a money spinner and used good quality equipment on it , i just think Arriva wants to see if they can get a good reception by using double decker themselves on there service to Southport.

If they do agree on double deckers i wonder when would be the earliest they could obtain them without impinging on other Arriva operations.

if they find the money new buses could be on there fairly quickly, a shorter term solution would be to leave the loaned Enviro400s on there or perhaps those Hybrids currently coming up from Kent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/07/2017 11:38)FC Pictures Wrote:  if they find the money new buses could be on there fairly quickly, a shorter term solution would be to leave the loaned Enviro400s on there or perhaps those Hybrids currently coming up from Kent

They're all needed at Speke. The Pulsars on loan at Speke are alright for now but when the students go back to university they will be far too small
2587 now at Southport, seen on Saturday
The 47's are showing an interesting set of blinds: Southport via Royal Birkdale and Liverpool via Royal Birkdale.
I think that deckers are a good idea. The route would benefit from consistent use of good quality double deckers with USB wifi and leather seats and may help encourage more people to use them. They take decent loads through Crosby to Liverpool, it's perhaps the Southport end that could improve. The X2 has always been the better choice. Nice one Arriva for giving it a try!
(02/07/2017 21:17)Barney Wrote:  The 47's are showing an interesting set of blinds: Southport via Royal Birkdale and Liverpool via Royal Birkdale.

Thats shows why the 47 route really has deckers for The Open at Royal Birkdale
(03/07/2017 05:55)wirralbus Wrote:  Thats shows why the 47 route really has deckers for The Open at Royal Birkdale

No. The Enviro400s are on loan as a trial to see if the route is suitable for a permanent double decker operation
(03/07/2017 13:43)Y474 KNF Wrote:  No. The Enviro400s are on loan as a trial to see if the route is suitable for a permanent double decker operation

Which just happens to coincide with The Open
(03/07/2017 15:23)wirralbus Wrote:  Which just happens to coincide with The Open

I'm aware of that - but it isn't the reason why deckers are on the 47 this summer
Buses on the 47 now have a revised destination display shows
47 Southport, Crossens
Via Royal Birkdale

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)