Current time: 16/04/2024, 11:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
i wonder why... oh wait, due to Fairbrothers doing well...

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/06/2017 20:07)T42 PVM Wrote:  i wonder why... oh wait, due to Fairbrothers doing well...

Not necessarily that. It's about giving the public choice plus Network Warrington run full time. The new Managing Director is looking to make changes and from what iv heard it's all positive for the company and the town.
Find all posts by this user
(15/06/2017 08:37)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Not necessarily that. It's about giving the public choice plus Network Warrington run full time. The new Managing Director is looking to make changes and from what iv heard it's all positive for the company and the town.

Sounds good!
Hope a few more prices start coming down too, as I might start using Network Warrington a bit more again instead of their competitors if they do.
He has a lot of fresh ideas some of which are quite exciting. Let's hope they pay off..
(15/06/2017 15:46)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  He has a lot of fresh ideas some of which are quite exciting. Let's hope they pay off..

I'm quite interested to see what happens over the next couple of years. Hopefully new vehicles are ordered at some point
(15/06/2017 16:58)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I'm quite interested to see what happens over the next couple of years. Hopefully new vehicles are ordered at some point

My lips are sealed on that one :-)
Rather ironic that the new MD reduces fares on the services where there's direct compititon and presumably passengers in other areas on other services for now will continue to pay the over inflated prices.
(15/06/2017 23:12)Mayneway Wrote:  Rather ironic that the new MD reduces fares on the services where there's direct compititon and presumably passengers in other areas on other services for now will continue to pay the over inflated prices.

To be honest, I would welcome every price decrease, even if it is only in the areas where there is competition.
I think that this is the "good side" of competition and at least it might bring Network Warrington's fares down towards the "market rate".

The thing I will be looking out for most though is whether there will be an increase in frequency to certain areas over the coming months and years.
(16/06/2017 10:07)Dentonian Wrote:  That's market forces, I'm afraid. What passengers elsewhere in Warrington need to look out for is reductions in services on other routes to "resource" these bus wars.

No doubt new buses will be on order for these services as well.
(16/06/2017 18:02)Mayneway Wrote:  No doubt new buses will be on order for these services as well.

If so i won't be surprise if it turned out to be from Alexander Dennis, Not only it needs new buses but it does need better service and new destinations, lower fares and perhaps a new livery?

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)