Current time: 20/04/2024, 01:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I agree that Rock Ferry is doing well, but don't forget that a lot of Stagecoach Chester's operations has been cut drastically recently and/or propped up by council funding.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/04/2017 18:18)Valandil Wrote:  I agree that Rock Ferry is doing well, but don't forget that a lot of Stagecoach Chester's operations has been cut drastically recently and/or propped up by council funding.

It's little wonder why Rockferry is doing so well when they have the 2 core routes between Liverpool and Chester, granted that Chester has got the X8 and the X2 to Runcorn but they are no way near as busy as the 1 and 2, the problem is with Chester it's limited to what they can do route wise and don not have the space to expand

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(30/04/2017 19:13)chester285 Wrote:  It's little wonder why Rockferry is doing so well when they have the 2 core routes between Liverpool and Chester, granted that Chester has got the X8 and the X2 to Runcorn but they are no way near as busy as the 1 and 2, the problem is with Chester it's limited to what they can do route wise and don not have the space to expand

Moving out of the City of Chester must be there next priority , if only to allow management the chance to expand some services , without having to rob peter to pay paul type operation.
(01/05/2017 04:54)wirralbus Wrote:  Moving out of the City of Chester must be there next priority , if only to allow management the chance to expand some services , without having to rob peter to pay paul type operation.

Someone On here did make comment that an announcement Is due to be made regards not the future of Liverpool road depot sometime in July, there was talk that the vehicles would moved to Rockferry and the ops done from there, personally I cannot see that as space is limited and there would be a fair amount of dead mileage, this could be true for the short term whilst a new depot is built, its a case of waiting to see but I do agree that Chester needs A bigger depot on create new routes

Remember Preston operate the X2 and they have to run light to Liverpool each morning for the 05:40 x2.

The announcment is meant to be july though may have changed. The current depot land has been sold so SC have to move. PRs and CitySightseeing are deff staying at Bumpers Lane. Some routes might be getting dropped so idk how it will all work. Maybe some between school reductions for vehicles to go off and do other routes which lowers PVR. I was told 2 separate things. One was they will all operate from Bumpers Lane. The other told me moving to RF. I dont know which is true. I believe a new depot in eport is better. I head that from an unconnected source so idk how to take that one.
(01/05/2017 13:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  Remember Preston operate the X2 and they have to run light to Liverpool each morning for the 05:40 x2.

The announcment is meant to be july though may have changed. The current depot land has been sold so SC have to move. PRs and CitySightseeing are deff staying at Bumpers Lane. Some routes might be getting dropped so idk how it will all work. Maybe some between school reductions for vehicles to go off and do other routes which lowers PVR. I was told 2 separate things. One was they will all operate from Bumpers Lane. The other told me moving to RF. I dont know which is true. I believe a new depot in eport is better. I head that from an unconnected source so idk how to take that one.

I never mentioned anything about the Prestons X2 I was referring to Chesters where exactly on bumpers lane are you referring to?

(01/05/2017 13:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  Remember Preston operate the X2 and they have to run light to Liverpool each morning for the 05:40 x2.

I never mentioned anything about the Prestons X2 I was referring to Chesters, where exactly on bumpers lane are you referring to? Ellesmere Port would make more sense as there's a lot of brown sites available where as Chester isn't so much I cannot personally see the operations being moved to Rockferry as that would reduced any profit made by Chester

(01/05/2017 13:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  PRs and CitySightseeing are deff staying at Bumpers Lane.

How are they 'staying' at Bumpers Lane? They're not based there now. And the old council depot at Bumpers Lane, if that's where you mean, is being redeveloped into business units. Of course Stagecoach could always take one of those.
(01/05/2017 19:31)plannerman Wrote:  How are they 'staying' at Bumpers Lane? They're not based there now. And the old council depot at Bumpers Lane, if that's where you mean, is being redeveloped into business units. Of course Stagecoach could always take one of those.

I very much doubt the units would be big enough plus I think they are more counter outlets

(01/05/2017 13:26)chester285 Wrote:  I never mentioned anything about the Prestons X2 I was referring to Chesters, where exactly on bumpers lane are you referring to? Ellesmere Port would make more sense as there's a lot of brown sites available where as Chester isn't so much I cannot personally see the operations being moved to Rockferry as that would reduced any profit made by Chester
Sorry, I didnt explain very well. You were talking about dead millage so I was comparing to Preston running the X2 and they run light to Liverpool daily. I dont know exactly where the depot is but they used to keep the open toppers there during the winter. EPort would make more sense, I agree but with them dropping some routes which make less profit, it should increase slightly.

(01/05/2017 19:31)plannerman Wrote:  How are they 'staying' at Bumpers Lane? They're not based there now. And the old council depot at Bumpers Lane, if that's where you mean, is being redeveloped into business units. Of course Stagecoach could always take one of those.
They are somewhat based there. They have land there and they are meant to keep the open toppers there in the winter. I dont know exactly where the land is but I know they have land there. That is where P+Rs are meant to be moving to there.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)