Current time: 28/03/2024, 14:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
X2 will be full Enviro300/200mmc until Helsby high is back then the council pay for it to be a decker.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/04/2017 13:11)iMarkeh Wrote:  X2 will be full Enviro300/200mmc until Helsby high is back then the council pay for it to be a decker.

In that case then surely as Helsby went back on Tuesday they would of been used, and why would the council pay for a double decker to be used its doesn't receive funding from the council

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Not to sure which one but there was also a Enviro400 out on X8s yesterday afternoon heading towards Chester and clear up any confusion Helsby High were back in this week as I saw them heading home yesterday afternoon while I was on 27780 heading towards Runcorn.
(21/04/2017 13:11)iMarkeh Wrote:  X2 will be full Enviro300/200mmc until Helsby high is back then the council pay for it to be a decker.

The X2 doesn't not receive any direct funding from CWaC.

The council negotiated with Stagecoach that a decker could be used for the school time trips, to solve a slight overcrowding issue on the X2 following the alteration to the Arriva 21/X30 back in January.
The X2 recieves funding for 06:55 (M-F), 07:55(Sat) and 18:15 from Ellesmere Port to Runcorn. I was told by Cwacc they also provide funding for services between Elton and Helsby High on school days to carry eligible pupils over 16.

Here is part of the proof. The secrion about the Elton to Helsby High was separate in an email to Cwacc and it will not let me paste images into this area or I would include that.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/3....xlsx.html
(22/04/2017 09:54)YK53 GXO Wrote:  The X2 doesn't not receive any direct funding from CWaC.

The council negotiated with Stagecoach that a decker could be used for the school time trips, to solve a slight overcrowding issue on the X2 following the alteration to the Arriva 21/X30 back in January.

In a change of plan, I shall be in the area in early May during the week. I was looking at riding route X2 in the afternoon so hope not to miss out on an Enviro 200-MMC now! Have they announced which journeys will be affected? (I am prepared to see the new Chester bus station and Ariva Enviro 400-City buses next year now).
(22/04/2017 12:48)iMarkeh Wrote:  The X2 recieves funding for 06:55 (M-F), 07:55(Sat) and 18:15 from Ellesmere Port to Runcorn. I was told by Cwacc they also provide funding for services between Elton and Helsby High on school days to carry eligible pupils over 16.

Here is part of the proof. The secrion about the Elton to Helsby High was separate in an email to Cwacc and it will not let me paste images into this area or I would include that.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/3....xlsx.html

Yes, while what you have posted is true - what isn't is your aforementioned post about 'the council paying for a decker'.

CWaC pay operators across the region a sum of money to carry scholars who are eligible for free travel assistance on their commercial services. The X2 service is included in this, with the pupils who travel from Ince/Elton to Helsby High. It is up to the operator to ensure that space is available for these students, as in effect CWaC have paid for a 'seat' on their bus. With the shear amount of students who use the X2 (both eligible and ineligible) - a decker was clearly what was needed to cope with the demand, therefore that was what was negotiated. I can assure you that no money is directly payed to Stagecoach in order for them to have specifically a double deck vehicle on those journeys, the money is paid for those journeys simply to keep operating.

So, indirectly, yes - the money that Stagecoach receive from the council for the students to travel could technically be used to fuel and operate the decker, and that is why the X2 service has been included in the spreadsheet along with other commercial services as 'subsided'.
Does anyone know what vehicles are going to operate the CH200/200, will it be vehicles from they're existing fleet or are the council likely to provide vehicles

(22/04/2017 23:08)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Yes, while what you have posted is true - what isn't is your aforementioned post about 'the council paying for a decker'.

CWaC pay operators across the region a sum of money to carry scholars who are eligible for free travel assistance on their commercial services. The X2 service is included in this, with the pupils who travel from Ince/Elton to Helsby High. It is up to the operator to ensure that space is available for these students, as in effect CWaC have paid for a 'seat' on their bus. With the shear amount of students who use the X2 (both eligible and ineligible) - a decker was clearly what was needed to cope with the demand, therefore that was what was negotiated. I can assure you that no money is directly payed to Stagecoach in order for them to have specifically a double deck vehicle on those journeys, the money is paid for those journeys simply to keep operating.

So, indirectly, yes - the money that Stagecoach receive from the council for the students to travel could technically be used to fuel and operate the decker, and that is why the X2 service has been included in the spreadsheet along with other commercial services as 'subsided'.

The exact quote from the email is as follows: "In regard to your question on the supported elements for the Ellesmere Port – Runcorn section of X2, we support early and late journeys and school journeys technically between Elton and Helsby High School (you may note that double deckers are always on these particular journeys). The school journeys will be required for the foreseeable future to carry ‘eligible’ children and over 16’s.

I hope that this clarifies the small amount of support allocated to this service."

So they kind of pay for the decker but it could be as you say they just pay for a seat and they pay for around 40 seats so SC put a decker on simply so their passengers do not have to stand. Idk how many seats CWaCC pay for.

(23/04/2017 10:18)chester285 Wrote:  Does anyone know what vehicles are going to operate the CH200/200, will it be vehicles from they're existing fleet or are the council likely to provide vehicles
Personally I have not known CWaCC to provide vehicles. My guess is that they will operate the route using solos. It is unlikely that anything bigger will be used. I am unsure on the tender. I will sent a FOI to them today asking for the ITT.
(23/04/2017 13:43)iMarkeh Wrote:  The exact quote from the email is as follows: "In regard to your question on the supported elements for the Ellesmere Port – Runcorn section of X2, we support early and late journeys and school journeys technically between Elton and Helsby High School (you may note that double deckers are always on these particular journeys). The school journeys will be required for the foreseeable future to carry ‘eligible’ children and over 16’s.

I hope that this clarifies the small amount of support allocated to this service."

So they kind of pay for the decker but it could be as you say they just pay for a seat and they pay for around 40 seats so SC put a decker on simply so their passengers do not have to stand. Idk how many seats CWaCC pay for.

Personally I have not known CWaCC to provide vehicles. My guess is that they will operate the route using solos. It is unlikely that anything bigger will be used. I am unsure on the tender. I will sent a FOI to them today asking for the ITT.
Cast your mind back to when Chester city transport was around chester city council as It was then supplied the solos for the then 41 to Whitchurch which were later returned to the council when first took over, some of which vehicles later found themselves with Gha

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)