Current time: 05/05/2024, 09:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
First signs of service changes for 23 April on the new VOSA registration search page.

Services 104, 105 and 109 will be withdrawn and replaced by new services 102 and 103 between Airport/Wythenshawe Hospital and Manchester.

There are new registrations for services 12 and 125 in Middleton (from First), services 81 (evening service from First) and 407 & 412 (possibly Sunday journeys from Rosso) in Oldham, 360 between Wigan and Newton-le-Willows (from Diamond) and the 370 Sunday service from Arriva.

Would also appear that they've lost the Monday-Saturday evening journeys on service 340 and evening journeys on service 425 to First. They've also lost the 13 and 283/285, which will be replaced by a new set of services around Altrincham, operated by Go Goodwins/Little Gem Bus.

Timetable changes on the following registrations: 7/7A, 15, 33, 38, 42/42A/42B, 43, 74/76/76A, 85/85A/86, 101, 111, 112/113/114/118 (also includes 80 - maybe resurrecting the number), 143, 168/169 (route and timetable), 191, 192/X92, 197, 201, 203, 216, 219/220/221, 236/237, 250/X50, 256/X58, 314, 322/324/327, 330, 345, 370, 375, 378, 380/381/382, 408, 540, 598, 600/601, 610, 631/632 and 658.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...es/browse/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just looking for that 360 Wigan - Newton registration and i cant find it, Where abouts are you looking?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/03/2017 20:04)Dentonian Wrote:  Shouldn't this read 10844, 10846 & 10847? That comprises the four reported delivered by last weekend. 10484/6 are of course, HE's own. 10488 is down South somewhere, iirc.

that is correct My mistake
Dentonian The fare structure varies by area but here in NSW for example you pay $3.50 for a train journey of pretty much any distance then if you ue any bus after or before hand it's only $0.10 so basically around 6p a bus ride. .So you get discounts for using other modes of transport not penalties. Services are very punctual here put Arriva to shame in the Uk and definitely put Stagecoach Northern and TPE to Shame.

Plus Sundays is $2.50 unlimited travel day so you can do the ferries buses train light rail anything for a max fare of $2.50

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(01/03/2017 20:06)Quackdave Wrote:  No, I wasn't intending to suggest that. By itself, I don't think it will make much difference either way to the average speed of a transaction. I'm thinking more of convenience, and the knowledge that I'd always be able to catch a bus, even if I don't have enough cash (or maybe not even know whether I have enough cash, if I am not familiar with the fares).

But that's just it, contactless isn't a reliable way to pay for travel if you don't have a back up way to pay
I can see people getting on a bus and being turned away because thier card isn't working and they don't have the cash.
It's happened to me in shops for no reason. I've bought goods, gone to pay contactless, and it's declined, I've put card into reader - knowing there's plenty of funds available and it's gone through fine.
(02/03/2017 11:16)Mayneway Wrote:  It's happened to me in shops for no reason. I've bought goods, gone to pay contactless, and it's declined, I've put card into reader - knowing there's plenty of funds available and it's gone through fine.

That's usually because the card has been tapped too many times without entering the pin, which is needed to 'unlock' it again
No, it is a security measure. Every so often, typically one in 20-30 transactions, the bank will prompt the chip-and-pin machine to request that the cardholder enters their pin instead. This will allow the bank to know that everything is ok.

However, if there is no option to enter the pin number, then the payment should still go through as normal.
https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?st...1473162060

A sexual deviant is wanted by police for I presume touching himself on a 192
(01/03/2017 21:07)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just looking for that 360 Wigan - Newton registration and i cant find it, Where abouts are you looking?

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/499129/
(02/03/2017 18:10)Nicholas Wrote:  No, it is a security measure. Every so often, typically one in 20-30 transactions, the bank will prompt the chip-and-pin machine to request that the cardholder enters their pin instead. This will allow the bank to know that everything is ok.

However, if there is no option to enter the pin number, then the payment should still go through as normal.

That's reassuring, and I'm somewhat surprised that banks don't make more effort to communicate this sort of information to their customers, because experiencing this without being aware of the reason could erode confidence in contactless payments - as it presumably has for Mayneway, and, come to think of it, my wife was also reluctant to trust contactless for a year or two after a failure that involved the word "declined" despite the fact that our account was well in the black.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)