Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
It was merseyrail that wanted 10 extra buses as arriva knew they would beable to cope but merserail thought it would be a lot busier when all the schools,colleges and workers went back but everything as still been running smoothly without the extras.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/01/2017 08:40)E208 WBG Wrote:  Orange 10807 & 10810 are parked in Rock Ferry today minus ticket machines...going Cambridge today apparently via Gillmoss

I thought so yesterday 10810 heading on the way to Rock Ferry. Must be something reason until now ticket machine were removed ready for departure to Cambridge. What about 10808 and 10809 going with 10807 and 10810 same time??
(14/01/2017 11:18)motormayhem1 Wrote:  It was merseyrail that wanted 10 extra buses as arriva knew they would beable to cope but merserail thought it would be a lot busier when all the schools,colleges and workers went back but everything as still been running smoothly without the extras.

As you say there was a serious overestimate of how many vehicles would be required from WK 2 as the passengers have found other means of getting to and from Liverpool during this work.

Are the 1 , 2 , 471/2 and X8 any busier than previous.

One thing i have noticed on these Park&Ride buses is that the Grey Buses do not seem to be branded up for a particular park and ride site in Cambridge i'm wondering whether the grey ones are common user pool vehicles for that work.
(14/01/2017 14:29)wirralbus Wrote:  As you say there was a serious overestimate of how many vehicles would be required from WK 2 as the passengers have found other means of getting to and from Liverpool during this work.

One thing i have noticed on these Park&Ride buses is that the Grey Buses do not seem to be branded up for a particular park and ride site in Cambridge i'm wondering whether the grey ones are common user pool vehicles for that work.

That is correct, 10801/2 are the generic spare ones that will work any route when one of the branded ones is off.....same with the current Enviro400's on the Cambridge P&R, a couple of generic grey ones. Did spot two orange ones when I was on my way to work at 0445 this morning, I assume they were 10807/10.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(14/01/2017 14:33)gka472l Wrote:  That is correct, 10801/2 are the generic spare ones that will work any route when one of the branded ones is off.....same with the current Enviro400's on the Cambridge P&R, a couple of generic grey ones. Did spot two orange ones when I was on my way to work at 0445 this morning, I assume they were 10807/10.

HTH

Grey one both of them mostly use on route 2 chester- Liverpool all the week, I've been ride both a lots.
(14/01/2017 14:29)wirralbus Wrote:  As you say there was a serious overestimate of how many vehicles would be required from WK 2 as the passengers have found other means of getting to and from Liverpool during this work.

From my observations, the 1,2 and peak hour X8 services are busier than usual. Nothing that can't be handled by the extra capacity that's been laid on, though the 1 can get a bit cosy in the peaks.
The 1 is hamstrung by the bridge at Bache.

Use of a double decker use on the 1 should not be tolerated even though there is a double decker diversionary route.
Could they not have a normal Gold buses shuttling between the Zoo and the city at peaks, while the double deckers look after the rest of the route? Sure it's a minor inconvenience, but it enables an overall increase in comfort for the Liverpool outbound trips
(14/01/2017 17:00)Enviro400 Wrote:  Could they not have a normal Gold buses shuttling between the Zoo and the city at peaks, while the double deckers look after the rest of the route? Sure it's a minor inconvenience, but it enables an overall increase in comfort for the Liverpool outbound trips

Seems a bit of a resource heavy way of doing things and a bit of an inconvenience for passengers as well having to potentially switch buses.
I ask did anyone see if 10807 and 10810 still there at Rock Feer depot this evening or gone to Gillmoss or straight to Cambridge, about 4ish I've spotted one of mmc Stagecoach liveries heading to Chester Depot, couldn't see fleet number. Could be swapped Cambridge P&R. Hope this helps us.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)