Current time: 04/05/2024, 21:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
There was 5 Hyde Road buses (some of the former X50 branded were some) had tachographs fitted for emergency Megabus, a couple of other divisions had some as well but the practice of Megabus Enviro400s has been gone a few years now with Private operators covering everything now. Although the 400s appeared as far as Sunderland and Portsmouth, poor passengers!

There's a few different destinations programmed for Genesis Breast Cancer. Park life. Barton Airshow. Not much more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/12/2016 20:50)Dentonian Wrote:  I thought there was a lot more commonality with blind programming nowadays to make things easier when buses are loaned or other pinched to cover another depots working to fill a big gap in service. Notwithstanding, I would assume Ashton's more varied selection includes "13 Royston Vasey", which was commonly shown in the days when Glossop worked the 1701 (iirc), 204 in the early noughties.

The blinds are programmed by a USB stick so It quick and easy to change programs if need be HE and Sharston tend to share a program with different like 143 all HE buses dont have Sale or didn't last time i look where as sharston does.
So when they go on Loan they can simply plug the USB in and upload the Depot program and when it returns the depot it belongs to does the same and so on

The display with"MEGABUS" only shows Megabus on all Displays and "M" on back
"Megabus Manchester/London" however does show on the Side display either Manchester or London that yes could cause confusion
(25/12/2016 18:03)GRIMSTER02 Wrote:  Yh I did read them ages ago when we was being told we must run out of service with 000 ... up because it says we must in the DDA so i read them and found thats just an excuse used to try and make us run with 000.. up rather then Stagecoach ... or the Beech ball logo. Or MegaBus. Or blank which some of us do.

There is no requirement over the Not in Service display with regards to DDA. Requirements with displays are down to their sizes (they must be able to display a minimum size), not what is on them.

(I do the displays for the company I work for)
(27/12/2016 20:58)Dentonian Wrote:  There were no '51 regs at Stockport, but they do still have some 17 newer examples. Also, regarding those at Hyde Road "for painting", latest reports have all the reserve ALX300s parked up at Wigan, so could the "Hyde Road" ones be more Enviro300s from Scotland that have gone unreported?

I couldn't remember if Stockport ever got any I just remember hearing after they had arrived, been painted and entered service, that they were not liked by engineering as they had not been looked after in the same way as the older Manchester examples they were replacing and that it would end up costing too much to keep vehicles that age in service.
As for the paintshop, I would have thought the final oxford two (hybrids) would be in the paintshop. It does seem strange to be repainting buses that were only painted last year.
(27/12/2016 23:11)Mayneway Wrote:  I couldn't remember if Stockport ever got any I just remember hearing after they had arrived, been painted and entered service, that they were not liked by engineering as they had not been looked after in the same way as the older Manchester examples they were replacing and that it would end up costing too much to keep vehicles that age in service.
As for the paintshop, I would have thought the final oxford two (hybrids) would be in the paintshop. It does seem strange to be repainting buses that were only painted last year.

I believe all Oxford Hybrids are out the paint shop know and sat in the back yard I think will check the number tomorrow and let you know They had to be repainted after taking off the Oxford CIty stuff left marks on the paint where it had been so I think it was to make them look smarter then have different colour of paint where there word Oxford city had been etc
Informed 12214 was involved in a fire on Xmas Eve. Believe it's a write off but not seen a pic yet.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/12/2016 10:19)ant17612 Wrote:  Informed 12214 was involved in a fire on Xmas Eve. Believe it's a write off but not seen a pic yet.

I was supposly Towed back to HE Ill have a quick look for it for you too and see if I can see it. If i cant its in one of the shops behind closed doors
(28/12/2016 20:31)Dentonian Wrote:  As I've not heard anything in the MEN, I'm guessing this happened away from prying eyes. If so, Stagecoach (and if appropriate, GMP) would not be happy about pictures being posted subsequently. Indeed, if it is a write off, then they will probably have removed fleet names, numbers and registration plates by now.

More to the point how is it possible to declare if any vehicle, let alone a bus, is a right off from a photo!
(28/12/2016 20:28)Dentonian Wrote:  I've just remembered; ST did run one or two for a few weeks before the individual buses were transferred to Wigan or Middleton. I'm still confused about which "MAN"s are in the paint shop, though. I would agree that it would be non sensical to repaint nearly 15yo buses twice in one year, but equally there seems to be no rush in sending the ones withdrawn in Oct/Nov for scrap.

I did think some had been at Stockport as I seem to remember sampling one in Ashton on the 7. I think they ended up being swapped with something at Middleton.
(28/12/2016 20:31)Dentonian Wrote:  As I've not heard anything in the MEN, I'm guessing this happened away from prying eyes. If so, Stagecoach (and if appropriate, GMP) would not be happy about pictures being posted subsequently. Indeed, if it is a write off, then they will probably have removed fleet names, numbers and registration plates by now.

Not having seen it yet I'm told that there isn't really any fleet names etc left to remove. It happened on the M60 late Christmas Eve so can't imagine it being too busy for people to see. Regardless of condition it won't be declared a right off for a bit. Evaluation of the chassis and any remaining components will still be needed before the entire vehicle is written off, rebodied, blah blah. Also I couldn't imagine the insurance working that quick over Christmas..

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)