Current time: 04/05/2024, 21:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(25/12/2016 01:20)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Stagecoach, doesn't have any depots in Blackpool or on the Fylde Coast, the last one Fleetwood was closed back in April.

Shows how fare behind the times I am lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/12/2016 23:53)GRIMSTER02 Wrote:  the MAN i believe are just about DDA . reliablity isnt there thou when HE had one it was on the pits more then the road ending in a massive oil leak and last time i seen it before it left for Wigan there wasn't an engine in it Rules around the DDA buses are funny . in simple terms the desti blind must be a Certain height. wheel chair accessible which they are a main reason why HE doesn't have them is the Emmissions Ban for oxford rd plus most services are too busy also it can prove more fuel efficient to send a decker then a single. I cant remember if the MANs took adblue if they didn't that make it Very diesel and emissions high.

Everything on Oxford Rd should meet Euro 5 emission standard that can be a Euro 4 engine Upgraded to meet the Standard. A Euro 5 Engine, Euro 6. Others rules many of you will be aware off is on Tendered services the bus can't be more then 10years old but thats in Manchester else where is different. Hence why all the rubbish goes wigan and Blackpool.
Vehicles over 10 years old can certainly be on tendered services, correct me if I'm wrong but the limit is around 16 years old I believe.
(24/12/2016 23:53)GRIMSTER02 Wrote:  the MAN i believe are just about DDA .

There isn't such a think as 'just about DDA' it's a simple "This is, this isn't" and the MAN's meet the guidelines. The only problem is that their ramp is a stowable one and if for whatever reason the ramp isn't on the bus then they do not meet the requirements.
(25/12/2016 12:54)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  There isn't such a think as 'just about DDA' it's a simple "This is, this isn't" and the MAN's meet the guidelines. The only problem is that their ramp is a stowable one and if for whatever reason the ramp isn't on the bus then they do not meet the requirements.

Yh I did read them ages ago when we was being told we must run out of service with 000 ... up because it says we must in the DDA so i read them and found thats just an excuse used to try and make us run with 000.. up rather then Stagecoach ... or the Beech ball logo. Or MegaBus. Or blank which some of us do.

I use to be in touch with everything but I kinda fallen behind with everything as time went less spare etc
(25/12/2016 18:03)GRIMSTER02 Wrote:  Yh I did read them ages ago when we was being told we must run out of service with 000 ... up because it says we must in the DDA so i read them and found thats just an excuse used to try and make us run with 000.. up rather then Stagecoach ... or the Beech ball logo. Or MegaBus. Or blank which some of us do.

I use to be in touch with everything but I kinda fallen behind with everything as time went less spare etc

I hate the 000 and think Stagecoach and the beach ball look much more professional, so hats off to the drivers.
Also hate the Sorry messages used by a number of companies, particularly the ones which end in an exclamation mark.
Sorry about that! Confused
(25/12/2016 19:06)Valandil Wrote:  I hate the 000 and think Stagecoach and the beach ball look much more professional, so hats off to the drivers.
Also hate the Sorry messages used by a number of companies, particularly the ones which end in an exclamation mark.
Sorry about that! Confused

I hate the 000 too.

If i am going to and from depot I use the "Stagecoach Manchester" as Our depot doesnt have the Stagecoach Beech ball version in our program instead we have

"000 Sorry Not In Service"
"Stagecoach Manchester"
"Stagecoach Wigan"
"Manchester MegaBus"
"London MegaBus"
"MEGABUS"
finilly
"(Idle)"

000 Is the easyiest to put up in a second as code is 0. two button presses
All overs require the 3 digit code.
(25/12/2016 20:21)GRIMSTER02 Wrote:  "Manchester MegaBus"
"London MegaBus"
"MEGABUS"

It could be funny seeing a small vehicle with London MegaBus on the front!
I think the 000 is confusing because it looks like the driver put in the number wrong or something, whereas any of the others look like they're actually not in service.
(25/12/2016 20:30)Valandil Wrote:  It could be funny seeing a small vehicle with London MegaBus on the front!
I think the 000 is confusing because it looks like the driver put in the number wrong or something, whereas any of the others look like they're actually not in service.

I use Mega bus

[Image: 28488460360_5a81dc45dc_b.jpg]17521 by Jordan Ricahrdson, on Flickr

[Image: 28541454560_0b9f344bb0_b.jpg]10470 MMC Sat in Hyde by Jordan Ricahrdson, on Flickr

others i know is 63
[Image: 31836378586_d6699b3990_b.jpg]IMG_0004 by Jordan Ricahrdson, on Flickr
You would be surprised whats hidden away on Stagecoach's destination blinds if you know where to look, didnt know about 63 Weatherfield Hospital though
(26/12/2016 07:49)M60lad Wrote:  You would be surprised whats hidden away on Stagecoach's destination blinds if you know where to look, didnt know about 63 Weatherfield Hospital though

this is true all depends on depot and whom programed the blind as there all different and all have different stuff on them . they do have to take stuff off sometimes. Ashton got all the silly intresting stuff Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)