Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
On the other hand the extra cars may throw the bus timetables into a tail spin , particulary at the chaotic Birkenhead Tunnel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/12/2016 22:44)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The ones arriving at Chester/Rock Ferry will be in standard livery unlike the earlier 15.

Wrong

10799 is in the green variant Cambridge P&R livery
(17/12/2016 17:31)wirralbus Wrote:  On the other hand the extra cars may throw the bus timetables into a tail spin , particulary at the chaotic Birkenhead Tunnel.

The Birkenhead tunnel has a dedicated toll booth for buses and a bus lane.
(17/12/2016 18:59)Barney Wrote:  The Birkenhead tunnel has a dedicated toll booth for buses and a bus lane.

the Birkenhead side is fine, it's getting out Liverpool end that will be the problem. some mornings buses are sat in there 20-30 minutes waiting to get out. and that is without the trains being off
(17/12/2016 19:02)60008 Wrote:  the Birkenhead side is fine, it's getting out Liverpool end that will be the problem. some mornings buses are sat in there 20-30 minutes waiting to get out. and that is without the trains being off

That is true. When I did that commute I always did it in the opposite direction. At certain times the queues to exit into Liverpool stretched back half way into the tunnel. I think that was partly the reason why the hybrids were bought for the cross-river services. Can you imagine the permanent gridlock if a certain pressure group got its way and the tunnels were made free?
(17/12/2016 18:20)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Wrong

10799 is in the green variant Cambridge P&R livery
Any photos online of this?
(17/12/2016 20:26)E208 WBG Wrote:  Any photos online of this?

Yes. On the Stagecoach Enthusiasts Facebook group
(16/12/2016 23:45)wirralbus Wrote:  So where do the Gold Vehicles go that get pushed off the 2 , will they be shared between the 38/41/42 and show those customers what they could have in the future if they play there cards right .

Could they go on loan to elsewhere within the Stagecoach group - if only to reduce pressure on depot space whilst the double deckers are here. ?
(17/12/2016 22:03)Bevan Price Wrote:  Could they go on loan to elsewhere within the Stagecoach group - if only to reduce pressure on depot space whilst the double deckers are here. ?

As I have said our golds are likely to be used on 41/42 or 38 to boost capacity over the usual Enviro200s dont forget only 5 golds go on 2s and then 2 spsres so only got 7 which can be used on the above.

Chester on the other hand I can see there X8 Enviro300s going elsewhere short term as chester is tight on space from what I seen a few months back.

On the other hand no one knows for sure so best waiting until 3rd Jan to see what happens
The changes to the Chester local services later in January mean that other vehicles will also be freed up.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)