Current time: 01/07/2024, 07:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
Have any big companies told drivers to ring them uo for a job like arriva, stagecoach and first did with the maytree colapse
Find all posts by this user
(04/10/2013 10:36)wirralbus Wrote:  Would the Avon 86 and 87 extending beyond Leasowe Station to New Brighton be a possibility in the evening and on Sundays .
Considering that the evening 39s were near-enough empty daily from the July timetable change (the odd last journeys were occasionally popular on weekends), I don't think that it'd be worth it (for Avon, it'd be [at least] an extra bus and driver per day and I really don't think that it'd be able to cover the costs). It was such a shame that this happened as, before the end of July, the evening service really did pick-up. However, if a service was created and its timetable left for around six months for people to get used to again, it could work; this would enable people to trust such a service again.

I'd like to make the point clear that Impera didn't "go bust" (as such), so their commercial network wasn't a financial failure. Plans were in the pipeline for an evening 98 as that service was really becoming a success. There were many plans in the pipeline, but it's such a shame that some of them didn't have their day. In my opinion, it's a shame that Impera had their day altogether as they had some exemplary, dedicated drivers (which the industry are missing-out on whilst they're out of work) and were just starting to overcome their issues (such as staffing). They did have a rocky few years, which tainted their name permanently in some people's case, but I seen the dedication in the depot (that, perhaps, didn't fruitate as well as it could have done) which its passengers and people on here may never have done.

RIP Impera.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Don't think anybody had pop at the drivers or anything like or even the dedication of Front Line Staff. However, the way in which they cut services a long time before the cancellation date was really a disgrace and if they had continued to do that sort of thing sooner or later they would have found themselves in trouble. Obviously Michael, I would expect you to defend them having been involved there, but some things can't be defended and that was one of them. Unfortunately, nice polite drivers can't make up for the senior managers further up the chain.
Its sad to see Impera go, when they started they were brilliant i couldn't fault them then i had a few problems with one or two of their services and they started to get on my nerves a bit then they went and started going after other companies which i liked i think their ambitiousness was brilliant so its sad to see them go
Quite a rosy article in this week's Route One magazine, the report obviously done before yesterday's events:

http://www.route-one.net/issues/507/index.html#/50/

Available until early next week.
(04/10/2013 14:52)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Quite a rosy article in this week's Route One magazine, the report obviously done before yesterday's events:

http://www.route-one.net/issues/507/index.html#/50/

Available until early next week.

It's saddening to think that the day that was published, was sadly the day of the bad news.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Interesting article, just a shame that it has come to what it has, there were some things not mentioned in the article though, but I don't want to go into that as there is now no point. The ideas in the article about how they wanted the company to run were good.
(30/09/2013 13:03)darthblakey Wrote:  
(30/09/2013 11:55)busdude Wrote:  
(30/09/2013 11:11)motormayhem Wrote:  Do impera use fast tags on the tunnels only 2 or 3 times on saturday they blocked the exit to woodside waiting for someone to come from mersey tunnel to give them money to go through the barrier.

I was on the 31 on Saturday afternoon around 12pm and i thought it was weird that the driver paid to get through the tunnel, he drove to an attended toll as well and went the long way to woodside, i wonder if their fast tags have ran out of date or something?

Fast tags are linked to a specified bank account, so they never become out of date, they only stop working if there are insufficient funds to pay.

Looks like the warning signs were out there last Saturday (28 Sept).
A classic case of banks running out of patience and refusing to lend more cash.
And I thought Cameron was going to stop this from happening?
Sad
(04/10/2013 15:24)mathias Wrote:  
(30/09/2013 13:03)darthblakey Wrote:  
(30/09/2013 11:55)busdude Wrote:  I was on the 31 on Saturday afternoon around 12pm and i thought it was weird that the driver paid to get through the tunnel, he drove to an attended toll as well and went the long way to woodside, i wonder if their fast tags have ran out of date or something?

Fast tags are linked to a specified bank account, so they never become out of date, they only stop working if there are insufficient funds to pay.

Looks like the warning signs were out there last Saturday (28 Sept).
A classic case of banks running out of patience and refusing to lend more cash.
And I thought Cameron was going to stop this from happening?
Sad

Funny enough, I thought that was a warning sign as well, but really didn't want to pose the question when I seen it. Don't get me started on Cameron.
The same fast-tag problem happened on my 31 from Liverpool, on the same day - At around the same time! Y671 NLO was the bus.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 41 Guest(s)