Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: The Weather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
i do live on a quiet side street (thank god) but if the snow does not turn into rain people will have problems going to church over the road to me
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2633810

Heavy snow here!
I Live on a main road, And iy's covered, I hope the 29B Will run!
Oh its quite a mess out there at the moment , even the main roads have tram tracks at the moment , some transport operators must surely be reviewing there services already if the service doesnt use main roads.
belting down with snow were i am,currently a firstbus ALX400 Stuck as well outside my home,Drivers walked off no doubt to try & find a public phonebox to ring depot.I`d hurry up if i was him before the little darlings of the youth world set the bus alight to keep themselves warm Angel
according to facebook first bolton among other depots just suspended service so you will be told get of i bet john :P
This final belt of snow of this cold snap seems to be causing more problems than the previous downpours.
Worst snow so far this winter tonight, think it will be the last as well.
The problem is when you get heavy snow is that rocksalt will only work if its ground into the surface by traffic , but unfortunately last night the snow came with little traffic on the road , so the rocksalt just sat on the surface with more snow just piling on top of it .

If the snow had come whilst there was cars on the road the rocksalt may have had some effect , but it was not to be .
True, we had a first bit of snow in the afternoon and most of that was gone off the road by 6.30 pm, and then the second lot came and that was that. One thing I will say is that the main roads I used at 7.30 this morning on my way to work were in good shape and better than I expected. Driving out of the close that I live on and out the little estate was fun though.
(26/01/2013 10:44)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is when you get heavy snow is that rocksalt will only work if its ground into the surface by traffic , but unfortunately last night the snow came with little traffic on the road , so the rocksalt just sat on the surface with more snow just piling on top of it .

If the snow had come whilst there was cars on the road the rocksalt may have had some effect , but it was not to be .

You need a snowplough, not rock salt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's