Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: The Weather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
all the younger buses eg pulsars loved sliding today however not one dart slid once on me
The Pulsars are heavier, they slide less than a Dart. It's also dependant upon the road and how the vehicle's actually been driven; an untreated road obviously increases slips and a driver with a heavy right foot will also increase slippages.
i had darts on the 33 twice both was ok whereas the 920 and the 10A both with pulsars was a joke lol, 10A i had home just almost got stuck in a little bit of snow
The snow has been quite light in my part of the Isle of Man however on higher ground it's been much heavier
(18/01/2013 20:13)bolton bus basher Wrote: [ -> ]i had darts on the 33 twice both was ok whereas the 920 and the 10A both with pulsars was a joke lol, 10A i had home just almost got stuck in a little bit of snow

10A looked like it was running fine to me, 5 in the space of about 8 minutes completely normal! lol In all fairness, hats off to Arriva as they coped very well indeed today with only minor disruptions (a lot of which in Huyton, Old Roan etc)
I think some councils did a better job at gritting than others , this is noticeable when you looked at Merseytravel's website with Arriva Bootle's routes taking a pounding whereas some divisions of Arriva didnt see any problems .

There has been long standing problems with some councils and the amount of grit that is put down and at what volume on to the roads , when it is snowing more has to be put down then if it just for a frost or severe frost , also some councils are better at what is called pre-treating roads .
my 10A near page moss mc donalds struggled to get going after stopping at a bus stop

halton did bad for grit as i was in runcorn bus station at one point today and i did not see a spot of grit anywhere
I think in terms of transport authorities in the area providing information regarding the disruption, Merseytravel has been the most informative with their disruption updates section. TfGM just had a page advising people of adverse weather conditions and directing people to operators websites (most of which had no information).
(18/01/2013 20:55)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]I think in terms of transport authorities in the area providing information regarding the disruption, Merseytravel has been the most informative with their disruption updates section. TfGM just had a page advising people of adverse weather conditions and directing people to operators websites (most of which had no information).
Yeah, I'd agree. Arriva have been very good at keeping the travelling public informed via their Facebook and Twitter accounts this afternoon too though with very regular updates coming from all of the operating areas within the division.
(18/01/2013 20:55)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]I think in terms of transport authorities in the area providing information regarding the disruption, Merseytravel has been the most informative with their disruption updates section. TfGM just had a page advising people of adverse weather conditions and directing people to operators websites (most of which had no information).

Metro in WY Are very good as well,updated around every half hour (more frequent if needed in the pasted).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Reference URL's