Current time: 03/05/2024, 05:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
(23/04/2014 22:55)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  If you were First, would you feel threatened ?, I know that I would.
Surely First feeling threatened is a good thing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/04/2014 22:55)mbonwick Wrote:  All of those mentioned were cleared by the OFT, or weren't investigated.

OFT can't get involved here as Stagecoach aren't buying JPT, only the 'goodwill' of the business which translates to the services. Staff aren't involved there, though they will move to Stagecoach under TUPE.

I know how this works, as a similar thing happened up here in 2008. Kelty Coaches, which ran a few school and works contracts, and a local service, decided to retire, and rather than risk closing the business if the OFT didn't clear the deal, Stagecoach agreed to take on all staff and routes, with the worknigs being divided up between Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline, and Wellwood depots. Buses to do the workings either came from the reserve fleet, or the diagram was merged with another diagram, such as a primary school contract, which was now covered by a Double decker also doing a High School contract.

Basically, the staff and routes moved to Stagecoach, with the owners of Kelty coaches then selling the premises (now owned by Shred it), and the buses, then obviously liquidating the business and winding it up.

What it does guarantee, and this is the same in the case of JPT, is continuity for staff and passengers. There is no disruption to service.
(23/04/2014 17:19)Polo Mint Wrote:  Very clever of Stagecoach, but surely it is a bit sneaky.

Its the same old story, if Stagecoach wants it, then Stagecoach gets it.

Just look how many companies, Stagecoach have put out of business, not only in the Manchester area, but the North West in General. If Stagecoach loses a contract to another operator, then Stagecoach will register it commercially.
(24/04/2014 11:21)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Its the same old story, if Stagecoach wants it, then Stagecoach gets it.

Just look how many companies, Stagecoach have put out of business, not only in the Manchester area, but the North West in General. If Stagecoach loses a contract to another operator, then Stagecoach will register it commercially.

Not surprising really as Stagecoach has the most modern fleet and is the most efficient of all the big companies. They were bound to take the opportunity to retaliate against First assuming this takeover is true as heard nothing yet from Stagecoach
(24/04/2014 13:23)rod_259 Wrote:  
(24/04/2014 11:21)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Its the same old story, if Stagecoach wants it, then Stagecoach gets it.

Not surprising really as Stagecoach has the most modern fleet and is the most efficient of all the big companies. They were bound to take the opportunity to retaliate against First assuming this takeover is true as heard nothing yet from Stagecoach

Stagecoach have played a very clever pack of cards. They have never shown any interest in JPT over the last few years but have ended up with two comnercial services that I'm sure they will work on improving and a handful of well paid tenders. Stagecoach always seem to get criticised for taking over a company with critics claiming they are becoming to big but I carnt see them getting much stick this time as to the naked eye they have done it to save jobs and services.

As for the transfer, no nothing's been confirmed but given that JPT vehicles are being fueled up every night at Stagecoach Middleton depot I think it's pretty clear what's on the cards so to speak.
Pics are not mine:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/70966383@N03/13947411416

They confirm the previous posting on JPT vehicles at Stagecoach Middleton depot.
I've not seen R931RAU yet would it probably remain in service next week, also does anyone know if H159BKH will be scrapped or sold on?
(24/04/2014 18:46)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I've not seen R931RAU yet would it probably remain in service next week, also does anyone know if H159BKH will be scrapped or sold on?

If what's been said is true then non of JPTs vehicles will be in use next week, Stagecoach will be using their own vehicles. Hardly surprising given the state of some of them and R931RAU dosen't look that brilliant either.

I would presume it will be down to JPTs current owner to dispose of the vehicles. Most probably making the one way trip over to Barnsley.
(24/04/2014 10:02)robertclark125 Wrote:  I know how this works, as a similar thing happened up here in 2008. Kelty Coaches, which ran a few school and works contracts, and a local service, decided to retire, and rather than risk closing the business if the OFT didn't clear the deal, Stagecoach agreed to take on all staff and routes, with the worknigs being divided up between Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline, and Wellwood depots. Buses to do the workings either came from the reserve fleet, or the diagram was merged with another diagram, such as a primary school contract, which was now covered by a Double decker also doing a High School contract.

Basically, the staff and routes moved to Stagecoach, with the owners of Kelty coaches then selling the premises (now owned by Shred it), and the buses, then obviously liquidating the business and winding it up.

What it does guarantee, and this is the same in the case of JPT, is continuity for staff and passengers. There is no disruption to service.

Well I've never heard of this deal, or the company alleged to have been taken over, and I've lived/worked in the area for some time.
(23/04/2014 14:37)Mayneway Wrote:  All current JPT services, contracts and staff are expected to officially transfer to Stagecoach's Middleton depot this coming Monday. No vehicles are expected to be included. Official announcement I would expect either on Monday or before weekend.

be intresting if it does happen tbh well done to stagecoach if this happens

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)