Current time: 27/04/2024, 00:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

John Fishwicks & Sons
RE: John Fishwicks & Sons
(23/10/2015 20:01)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Fishwicks finished after service tomorrow, such a shame to see this company go. Best of luck to all staff in finding alternative employment

Someone who i know just text me the same thing, Has it been posting anywhere online yet that they are going?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/10/2015 20:04)T42 PVM Wrote:  Someone who i know just text me the same thing, Has it been posting anywhere online yet that they are going?

Actually yes,with credit to the stagecoach enthusiasts Facebook group. Stagecoach are going to run 111 from Sunday.
Find all posts by this user
Taken from Stagecoach Website:-

Stagecoach to operate service 111 Preston - Leyland

starting Sunday 25th October 2015

Last Updated: 23 October 2015 8:44 PM

Following the news that John Fishwick & Sons bus company is due to cease trading after business on Saturday 24th October 2015, Stagecoach can announce that they will be providing service 111 with effect from Sunday 25th October.

The route will be the same between Preston Bus Station and Moss Side (old Black Bull), then will operate a loop of Dunkirk Lane, Schleswig Way, Longmeanygate, Leyland Lane, Dunkirk Lane, then normal route back to Preston. As a result, we will not be serving Golden Hill Lane between the Leyland Lane traffic lights and Tuer Street.

There will be a new timetable, offering a 12 minute frequency Mon-Sat daytimes and every 30 mins in the evenings and all day on Sundays.
Please click here to download the timetable.

We will accept all valid Fishwick's tickets and passes for travel in the short term and will advise more on tickets in due course. The full range of Stagecoach tickets will be valid for travel. Service 111 will be within the Preston ticket zone, which covers all of Leyland area.
We will not be in a position to operate any other former Fishwick's routes on Sunday or Monday, but will be in discussions with Lancashire County Council over the possibility of covering other sections of route.
Timetable is online on the Stagecoach website

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/getTimetab...f10%2f2015

Shown as Stagecoach Merseyside I guess as Preston is on the Glenvale Transport licence still!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
That might be based on the 8 weeks for a VOSA application?!

Surely it will have to get an emergency registration to start it on Sunday?

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Could it be the vehicles may show "On hire to John Fishwicks and sons" for the eight week period?

Incidentally, any package holidays booked will be covered under a bonding scheme. JFS weren't in ATOL, but had an arrangement with an insurance company. This quote is taken from a downloadable brochure on their website.

In accordance with the ‘The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992’ all passengers booking with John Fishwick & Sons Ltd are fully Insured for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of John Fishwick & Sons Ltd. This insurance has been arranged by Towergate through IGI Insurance Company Limited. In the unlikely event of insolvency you must inform Towergate immediately on 01932 334140 or alternatively in writing to Towergate, Towergate House, 22 Wintersells Road, Byfleet, Surrey KT14 7LF. Please ensure you retain your booking confirmation form as evidence of cover and value. Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid for Travel Insurance or any claim relating to Air Flights.

But, Private hires, such as a football team, are not covered under bonding schemes like ATOL. So, what will happen there is unclear.
Does anybody know how many extra vehicles will be required by Preston Depot to run service 111?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(24/10/2015 06:06)childwallblues Wrote:  Does anybody know how many extra vehicles will be required by Preston Depot to run service 111?

Stagecoach could probably do 111 with seven vehicles as they are only running to Moss Side and not back to Golden Hill Lane.

The other two main routes are the 109 and the 115 which take two vehicles each. The 119 is off-peak only. There are also school and peak extra services.

The Fishwick 109 is different to the Stagecoach 109. Stagecoach going their own way on the 109 in recent years probably did not help Fishwicks.
(24/10/2015 10:19)Dentonian Wrote:  The timetable uploaded shows a 96 minutes (with stand time) round trip, so divided by a 12 minute headway that's 8 buses.
Yes, 8 buses it is. I hadn't seen the timetable before posting and thought they were only going to Moss Side rather than Earnshaw Bridge.
Has anyone got an up to date final fleet list of JFS?

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)