Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: John Fishwicks & Sons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi All,
News on John Fishwicks to be put here.
Seen an 08-plated Pulsar displaying "Not in Service" around Switch Island at about 16:00 today heading towards the motorways/Maghull with a lot of people on it (most-probably a private hire!).
Fishwicks have recently gained up to 6 Dennis Tridents with Plaxton President body from DawsonRentals.
(06/09/2014 00:53)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]Fishwicks have recently gained up to 6 Dennis Tridents with Plaxton President body from DawsonRentals.

I believe it to be replacement ex-Lothian Olypians.
Apparently Fishwicks are looking for a buyer otherwise they will go into Admin
(23/10/2015 15:26)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently Fishwicks are looking for a buyer otherwise they will go into Admin

Sad news but hardly surprising given the current enviroment not to mention the imposing bus bill sometime in the future.
Question is who would buy them out??
I hope Rotala given the Fishwicks Network would fit in perfectly with them owning Preston Bus
(23/10/2015 19:40)Dentonian Wrote: [ -> ]I can't help thinking some small operators are jumping WELL before being pushed. My feeling is that the Buses Bill is years rather than months away, and that long standing reputable independants, like Fishwicks, in the "Shires" have less to fear than cowboys in the Mets.

As to who would buy them out - a report elsewhere suggests they will cease operating tomorrow! So, that would make it very difficult to find a buyer per se. I must admit I'm no expert on Preston area operations, but apart from their traditional Leyland routes (109 & 111?), is the rest of their operaton concentrated? If so, it probably depends on who is dominant on the routes to/from Leyland, as they would be ruled out immediately. Looking slightly further afield, possibly Transdev, or would it be too much of a departure from their business model?

You can understand operators worry regarding the bus bill though. It brings with it a level of uncertanty and recent comments from Delaine and now an interesting letter from the MD of Abus in Bristol in this months buses mag some things up. The future weather near or distant is far from rosey.
(23/10/2015 19:40)Dentonian Wrote: [ -> ]I can't help thinking some small operators are jumping WELL before being pushed. My feeling is that the Buses Bill is years rather than months away, and that long standing reputable independants, like Fishwicks, in the "Shires" have less to fear than cowboys in the Mets.

As to who would buy them out - a report elsewhere suggests they will cease operating tomorrow! So, that would make it very difficult to find a buyer per se. I must admit I'm no expert on Preston area operations, but apart from their traditional Leyland routes (109 & 111?), is the rest of their operaton concentrated? If so, it probably depends on who is dominant on the routes to/from Leyland, as they would be ruled out immediately. Looking slightly further afield, possibly Transdev, or would it be too much of a departure from their business model?

Apart from Fishwick's, the most dominant operator in Leyland, is Stagecoach.

As service 109, is also operated by Stagecoach, no doubt that Stagecoach will increase its frequency on this route, in attempt to prevent other operators from moving into the area.
Fishwicks finished after service tomorrow, such a shame to see this company go. Best of luck to all staff in finding alternative employment
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's