Current time: 30/04/2024, 12:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot
RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot
Now either Preston had extra buses out today on X2, or reliability went out the window due to the annual Air-Show as some of the ones returning from Liverpool to Preston seemed to be running within about 10-15mins or so of the one in front, also noticed 2 125 Gold Branded vehicles on X2 as well today amongst the usual X2 branded vehicles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Do Stagecoach have a Chorley depot? If so where is it? Is there a depot for Preston or is it the engineering shop, which seems rather small to be a depot?
(14/10/2016 14:36)YSV-205 Wrote:  Do Stagecoach have a Chorley depot? If so where is it?

Chorley depot closed September last year.
No depot, Chorley vehicles are parked up overnight at FDC Business Park I think, but all maintainence is done at Preston.
(14/10/2016 14:36)YSV-205 Wrote:  Do Stagecoach have a Chorley depot? If so where is it? Is there a depot for Preston or is it the engineering shop, which seems rather small to be a depot?

The depot in Eaves Lane Chorley has been closed but an outstation of Preston is located at Cowling Brow and operates the 125 service with the Scania Gold deckers and a Chorley local service with a couple of Solos.

Preston depot is located at Selborne Street and the workshop is at the far end of the garage.
(14/10/2016 14:52)enrag2000 Wrote:  The depot in Eaves Lane Chorley has been closed but an outstation of Preston is located at Cowling Brow and operates the 125 service with the Scania Gold deckers and a Chorley local service with a couple of Solos.

Preston depot is located at Selborne Street and the workshop is at the far end of the garage.

I thought the Preston one would have been bigger. It is so tight around the streets at Selbourne Streets. How do the buses get in?
Are Preston using some Solos from other depots & some reserve vehicles from other Stagecoach fleets? I ask because I thought I saw some in & around the Preston bus station last week.
Preston have a decent allocation of their own Solos...
X2 branded 15469 was heading towards Anfield on Belmont Road after the game last night out of service, do they normally take this route heading back to I presume Preston?
No all journeys running off service finish at Preston bus station. A couple do run out light from Preston into service early morning. Only thing I can think of is 15469 must have had a defect and whoever was driving it chose this as a route back to Frenchwood depot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)