Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot (/showthread.php?tid=88)

Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot - P450 SWX - 01/06/2012 05:37

Hi All,
Since there is no thread for these like there was I have now created one

RE: Stagecoach North West - Preston and Chorley - M113 YKC - 02/06/2012 23:22

Esteem PO56 JDF (28513) was out on the 59 yesterday, along with Coastliner-branded ALX400 PX04 DPF (18152). From what I've seen, the service is usually operated by Enviro400s, which makes both of these allocations quite unusual if I'm correct...?

Also, could somebody tell me what the duo of unique Esteems usually work on please? (Thanks in advance!)

RE: Stagecoach North West - Preston and Chorley - mbonwick - 02/06/2012 23:56

The Esteems are allocated to be on the 3 Preston - Penwortham on paper, but as I'm sure you'll know that doesn't always happen!

RE: Stagecoach North West - Preston and Chorley - M60lad - 03/06/2012 06:44

Interesting that there was an Esteem on 59s as this will probably mean that it would have been on long distance work as most if not all 59s interwork with 61 now in Preston

As for what there normally used on yes they are normally on 3 Pentwortham Circulars as a rule along with ALX300 MANs which also have also started to appear regularly on 59/61s now.

RE: Stagecoach North West - Preston and Chorley - cumbria0902150 - 03/06/2012 10:30

No MAN ALX's are booked on route 3, but will get on as they are the spare single deck allocation.
Route 3 is booked for the 2 Esteems and 4 Versa's. 2 MAN ALX's are booked for route 2/2A, with 3 on 59/61 interwork along with 5 Tridents (realistically 5 of the 10 unbranded MX55 batch, but Preston have never managed to allocate things logically).

RE: Stagecoach North West - Preston and Chorley - SF07 - 02/07/2012 19:42

Stagecoach have posted their changes for Preston/Chorley areas from 22 July. Slightly confusing as they mention that the 29A is replaced by the 114 and they'll upload a timetable for the 114 in one article then in the other, they say they are no longer operating the 114. The new 12 (replacing 2B) will be run by Stagecoach, even though it was given the impression in the Lancs CC changes booklet that it was going to be run by Preston Bus.

Some other changes not mentioned in the booklet is that Stagecoach taking over the evening/Sunday journeys on the 109 from Tyrer Bus while the 11A in Chorley will be re-numbered 1A, in line with the 1/2/2A changes.

They also explain about the withdrawal of the 3 to/from Blackrod and the X25. The 3 will no longer run to Blackrod as 'TfGM and Lancashire County Council have assessed the passenger figures over this section of route and at this time cannot justify providing a subsidised alternative service'.

As for the X25, they say:

Quote:'We appreciate that customers will be disappointed by the decision, especially as this is the last direct bus link from the Preston and Chorley areas into Manchester. The old X60/X61 services were losing money for a number of years and we introduced the X25 as a final attempt to provide a sustainable link. Sadly, the service is still losing significant amounts of money and we cannot realistically see a way of providing a long-term sustainable service going forward. We would like to take the opportunity of thanking customers who have made use of this link, but can only apologise that we have had to make this difficult decision.

Frequent alternative buses exist between Preston and Horwich on service 125. Connections to Manchester can be made by rail, or by changing bus at Bolton'

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupdatedetails.aspx?Id=5208
http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupdatedetails.aspx?Id=5251

RE: Stagecoach North West - Preston and Chorley - Vbg111v - 02/07/2012 21:58

A pity, but obviously not used as a through route by enough people. Companies have to make money I suppose & maybe the train is a more desirable option.

RE: Stagecoach North West - Preston and Chorley - mr t - 03/07/2012 16:23

They are also losing 347 Southport - Chorley service to Tyrers

RE: Stagecoach North West - Preston and Chorley - St Helens Rider - 03/07/2012 18:04

(03/07/2012 16:23)mr t Wrote:  They are also losing 347 Southport - Chorley service to Tyrers

Which also includes the 337 (Chorley - Ormskirk).

RE: Stagecoach North West - Preston and Chorley - M113 YKC - 07/07/2012 17:34

Enviro400 SN56 AWF (19036) was on the 2X/X2 this afternoon.