Current time: 04/05/2024, 08:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
(09/08/2016 20:42)33109 Wrote:  On a commander the other day, it surprised me how the hell the driver squeezed a commander down the back lanes on the 88 nr knutsford.

The extra 4ft on a cadet makes it tricky, particularly if 2 buses have to pass. There's a certain bend where they have to inch past one another. Also leaving knutsford bus station a commander has to take a damn wide swoop to get round as it can be quite tight.

When you say back lanes near Knutsford I guess you mean B5085 in Mobberley. There's been 50 seater coaches used on school and works contracts which have gone via that road for 30 years+ so I don't think a 44 seater Commander should have problems getting around the bends.

Really Knutsford Bus station and the junction of the A537 and the B5085 need reworking. Both were reworked by supermarkets as part of their development plans and aren't ideal for larger vehicles. In the case of the latter any Arriva bus is smaller than the lorries going to and from Parkgate Industrial Estate
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - knutstransport - 10/08/2016 08:34
Arriva - Wythenshawe. - John I - 14/05/2014, 22:06

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)