Current time: 06/05/2024, 03:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

London Midland
RE: London Midland
Its a pity that most of the 319's will have no use for there third rail pick up shoes when the new Thameslink stock finally enters service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/02/2015 22:01)SNL 824 Wrote:  Interesting given their very specific design features for Thameslink services when new.
It is not unusual for units to be dual power but to operate in ac only. When introduced to service in 1994/95 the Class 365 were split working on the south East between Victoria and Ramsgate on DC power and out of Kings Cross on AC power. It was only when the 375s were delivered that the South Eastern based ones were transferred to Hornsey.
LM Class 350s went on loan to Southern a number of years ago to operate Brighton to Watford Junction which is a dual voltage service.
In reverse when all of the new Thameslink units are in service the Class 377/2 and 377/5 will stay with Southern and work DC only services.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Disgusting Performance by London Midland tonight (21/02/15) The last 2 trips from Lime Street to Birmingham New Street was Cancelled Because *Am member of the Train Crewe was not available* This caused major problems as Replacement Coaches and Taxis had to be found for the affected Passengers (and trust me there was a lot of people at Lime Street alone) London Midland need to look at this and find a way to stop this from happening again.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/02/2015 02:22)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Disgusting Performance by London Midland tonight (21/02/15) The last 2 trips from Lime Street to Birmingham New Street was Cancelled Because *Am member of the Train Crewe was not available* This caused major problems as Replacement Coaches and Taxis had to be found for the affected Passengers (and trust me there was a lot of people at Lime Street alone) London Midland need to look at this and find a way to stop this from happening again.

It is not unusual for train crew members especially guards to refuse to work the last train on a Saturday night to Crewe for personal safety reasons. This is due to them receiving verbal and physical abuse by drunken passengers returning to mainly Runcorn and Winsford stations after a full days drinking in Liverpool.

(22/02/2015 12:13)childwallblues Wrote:  It is not unusual for train crew members especially guards to refuse to work the last train on a Saturday night to Crewe for personal safety reasons. This is due to them receiving verbal and physical abuse by drunken passengers returning to mainly Runcorn and Winsford stations after a full days drinking in Liverpool.

Im surprised that London Midland has not decided to bring in security for these last services to Birmingham New Street.

A replacement coach service would take an eternity to do the entire route though but if that's how they have to cover it then that's how they do it .

These Guards do not come into work to be verbally abused and spat upon , they come into to do a job , would you put up with that ? I know for one I wouldn't .
319429 is the first unit for transfer to London Midland as a replacement for the 321/4 which are transferring to Scotland. 321429 has returned to Bedford in preparation for its transfer to Northampton. It has been painted in base white with grey doors.

Two 350/3 noted on LIV-BHM services today. 350375 was the 1434 ex Lime Street, whilst I rode 350371 on the 1536 ex New Street. Other units noted on the service were 350118 and 350231/32/36/39/67.
350376/77were noted on EUS-CRE services.

321429 is booked out of Wolverton Works tomorrow bound for Bletchley CS. Departure time is 1010 with an arrival of 1026. The unit is now in full LM livery.

(07/07/2015 20:12)childwallblues Wrote:  Two 350/3 noted on LIV-BHM services today. 350375 was the 1434 ex Lime Street, whilst I rode 350371 on the 1536 ex New Street. Other units noted on the service were 350118 and 350231/32/36/39/67.
350376/77were noted on EUS-CRE services.
I noted 350369 350373 350374 350377 at Willesden jnc early evening

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(09/07/2015 17:23)childwallblues Wrote:  321429 is booked out of Wolverton Works tomorrow bound for Bletchley CS. Departure time is 1010 with an arrival of 1026. The unit is now in full LM livery.

I assume you mean 319429, Childwall. It is in a plain white livery with grey doors according to a photo at Bletchley today.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)