Current time: 28/04/2024, 04:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TransPennine Express
RE: TransPennine Express
It seems that once again management went home on Friday night when it was, or should have been, quite clear they couldn't cover Monday's service. No doubt that fact will be ignored just like it after the May 2018 fiasco.
;
Only one from Liverpool to Newcastle today, and no TPE service from Lime Street between 13.58 and 17.53.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
In hindsight it looks like they have tried to introduce these new services too soon , now they have egg on there face because the service is so haphazard .

Someone from Tpx needs to have the balls to implement an emergency timetable that can work , even if it reduces the amount of services for a short while between Mancheste and Leeds
But there aren't any new services on the Huddersfield route, the service level is unchanged barring the extensions to Redcar and Edinburgh - I understand the have opened a new traincrew depot in Scotland to cover the latter.
;
It would appear that its a failure to complete crew training, just like in May 2018, insufficient mk.5s commissioned and presumably a certain amount of "sod this, I'm not going to work to get abused."
(21/12/2019 18:31)mikestone Wrote:  But there aren't any new services on the Huddersfield route, the service level is unchanged barring the extensions to Redcar and Edinburgh - I understand the have opened a new traincrew depot in Scotland to cover the latter.
;
It would appear that its a failure to complete crew training, just like in May 2018, insufficient mk.5s commissioned and presumably a certain amount of "sod this, I'm not going to work to get abused."

It seems lessons from May 2018 haven't been learned.
The STP cancellations now showing to the end of January in RTT, but the message on the website supposedly updated at 21.46 still has the 4th January date.
Not a single Liverpool-Newcastle today.
(28/12/2019 21:53)mikestone Wrote:  The STP cancellations now showing to the end of January in RTT, but the message on the website supposedly updated at 21.46 still has the 4th January date.

They need to get there act together and start looking at running an emergency timetable if the problems are going to persist into the first working day of the New Year , people will be rightly miffed if there services are cancelled and a fare increase comes in as well , talking about kicking some of the passengers when they dont have any other option.
Wink RE: TransPennine Express
(28/12/2019 21:53)mikestone Wrote:  The STP cancellations now showing to the end of January in RTT, but the message on the website supposedly updated at 21.46 still has the 4th January date.

I noticed some TPE cancellations yesterday. The TPE trains I saw from my bus rides in Leeds were all 185s. So, delays to new stock, staff absences and poorly managed timetable changes appear to be the source of the problems.

Just as well I caught Northern home instead. Cheaper, newer if less comfortable train,and just long enough to read Buses and Today's Railways UK.Wink
In view of the fact that NR initially rejected the extensions to Edinburgh until it was pointed out they would use 125 mph stock I wondered if NR would insist on cl.185 worked trains terminating/starting at Newcastle, but the 19.30 from Edinburgh tonight ran with a 185 - it actually lost less time north of Newcastle than between Newcastle and York.
Bufoons at TPE cannot even get the pre-planned cancellations right - 20.24 Liverpool-Newcastle hasn't been shown cancelled in RTT this week and is in journey check tonight as cancelled because a train has made extra stops. Still at least they aren't reserving seats on it.
Planned cancellations now extended to 31st January - which was implied by a notice on timetable racks at Leeds last week.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)