Current time: 03/05/2024, 18:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
I read on Facebook that 917 has been withdrawn - can anybody confirm this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/08/2015 19:01)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I read on Facebook that 917 has been withdrawn - can anybody confirm this?

917 has been missing most if not all the summer at Wrexham.
I say bring back the welsh commanders home
Yes i put it on Facebook, it is withdrawn unless said different it needs a lot of work doing to it but Arriva said they are not paying for it so it is withdrawn until further notice and they have been told NOT to strip it for parts as it may return to the road but at this current time its down as withdrawn and off Wrexhams books.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(25/08/2015 07:14)cx04axy Wrote:  I say bring back the welsh commanders home

I think that'd be a bit difficult considering Bootle depot need them!

(25/08/2015 03:17)Depotosw Wrote:  917 has been missing most if not all the summer at Wrexham.
(25/08/2015 09:10)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Yes i put it on Facebook, it is withdrawn unless said different it needs a lot of work doing to it but Arriva said they are not paying for it so it is withdrawn until further notice and they have been told NOT to strip it for parts as it may return to the road but at this current time its down as withdrawn and off Wrexhams books.

Thanks for the confirmation guys. It's good to see that 917 is being kept just in case Arriva decide to repair it if needed
A bit of a change on the Penycae's today, instead of the usual full allocation of Enviro200's we've got a couple of MPD's 920,879 and a 57 reg Solo with just 2 Enviro200's.
I saw an Enviro operating a Minera in the afternoon

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
They say the Enviro 200s are for Pen-y-Cae but they are really not, they get used on anything and everything they have no specific route branding etc so they can be used on what they want i've seen one on every route now at least.

Personally i dont think they are suited to Pen-y-Cae plus the service does not even run as late as others personally i think they are more suited to the 12/13 or the 32/33.

(30/08/2015 09:35)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  They say the Enviro 200s are for Pen-y-Cae but they are really not, they get used on anything and everything they have no specific route branding etc so they can be used on what they want i've seen one on every route now at least.

Personally i dont think they are suited to Pen-y-Cae plus the service does not even run as late as others personally i think they are more suited to the 12/13 or the 32/33.

I noted 2145 CX15 BXZ on the Saturday on the 12, was odd to see 2147 DK15 EHB 2148 & DK15 EHC following each other on the 32/33 mid afternoon however!
Sole survivor Dennis Dart 8.8M Plaxton Pointer 2 Y549UJC SMC549 (0849) has returned to Service and is now the last Cymru native Dart surviving at Wrexham, expected to survive another year with us Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)