Current time: 27/04/2024, 05:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
(10/08/2013 16:06)CX54 DKD Wrote:  It doesn't matter how much it costs? Well, at £20K a pop, we'll have to agree to disagree there. If more than one Sapphire branded vehicle breaking down at once is a regular occurrence at the moment (which I believe is actually due to unreliable electrical systems since the refurbishment) then commandeering a vehicle from the X94 and placing one of the tachographed MPDs on there would be a better alternative for the interim.

So you would go and tell the locals at Llandderfel why the can't get on this bus and they have to catch the next one in 2 hours would you????
The point is that using an MPD during the summer Months on X94 is quite unacceptable as the thing is full and standing before it leaves the stand at Wrexham every morning with people looking for a day at the coast. Any local folks from Corwen to Bala have no chance and with a frequency of 2 hours its a bit of a P155 take. If the press got hold of this they would have a field day.

I do believe the allocation to Wrexham off 4401 would be a big benefit and wouldn't need a full refurb, just change the headrests downstairs and retrim the upper deck along with a deep clean and a repaint possibly, maybe even use it as a spare on the X94!!! remember summer of 2002 with DVV239???
Whenever I have used the Bootle - Aigburth corridor it does seem the loadings would cope easily with a pulsar without much problem, even an MPD at times would suffice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51DCX - 11/08/2013 07:59

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)