Current time: 03/05/2024, 19:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
(22/10/2012 16:15)wirralbus Wrote:  
(22/10/2012 16:12)First Class Wrote:  Northern Rail trains between Liverpool Lime Street and Stalybridge or Huddersfield will be replaced by buses between Ashton-under-Lyne, Stalybridge and Huddersfield from 27 October 2012.

Nice bus or coach trip across the pennines .
There is an increased service via the Calder Valley shared by Northern Rail. The service from Liverpool to Scarborough is cancelled but is replaced by one to Newcastle and York via MCV.
Find all posts by this user
Heatons 156443 was operating on the 1123 Preston to Hazel Grove today so may well appear on local Liverpool services in the next few days. Allertons 156464 was noted in platforn 2 at Carlisle this morning.
(25/10/2012 19:24)childwallblues Wrote:  
(22/10/2012 16:15)wirralbus Wrote:  
(22/10/2012 16:12)First Class Wrote:  Northern Rail trains between Liverpool Lime Street and Stalybridge or Huddersfield will be replaced by buses between Ashton-under-Lyne, Stalybridge and Huddersfield from 27 October 2012.

Nice bus or coach trip across the pennines .
There is an increased service via the Calder Valley shared by Northern Rail. The service from Liverpool to Scarborough is cancelled but is replaced by one to Newcastle and York via MCV.
That was copied and pasted from Merseytravel.
(25/10/2012 19:29)childwallblues Wrote:  Heatons 156443 was operating on the 1123 Preston to Hazel Grove today so may well appear on local Liverpool services in the next few days. Allertons 156464 was noted in platforn 2 at Carlisle this morning.

Is this significant? What does this mean?

156s are frequent in Merseyside.
It is significant because 156443 is based at Heaton depot, until the last few months the Allerton and Heaton based 156's have stayed relatively separate, one of the reasons for this is due to the fitting and monitoring of GPS equipment to the Heaton based 156's, the fleet is now much more common user as Heaton 156's are currently coming over for a repaint.
Isnt the GPS equipment for operation on the Whitby line in conjunction with CIS screens on that line , thought I read about that somewhere.
As far as I'm aware that is correct Wirralbus; I have noticed a higher number of 156's transferring between Heaton and Allerton rather than the usual 142 units going in pairs.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I do wonder if somebody can give a definitive answer to what routes on Northern Rail are banned to Class 142's
Hazel Grove-Buxton
Frodsham Junction-Runcorn via the Halton Curve
Chesterfield-Nottingham (not a case of banned but they're not cleared that way)
Bridlington-Scarborough (not banned as such, they can work through, but it requires agreement with Network Rail, who are usually not too happy if one makes it up there)

At one point 14x units were banned over Goole swing bridge (I think it was Goole anyway, definitely over one of the river bridges in that area) but that has been reversed.

Used to be banned Daisyfield Junction-Hellifield via Clitheroe but 142's can now go to Clitheroe without any issue and a fair few have made it up there, in fact on a quite regular basis. Some would say that is bad news, but it allows a lot more operational flexability at Manchester Victoria.
There has been disruption to services due to a train failure at Thatto Heath , there has been a bus service in operation Huyton and Wigan . I suspect some services will be diverted via Newton le Willows where possible to avoid the failure.

Trains are running with supplemental bus services between Wigan and Huyton via St Helens Central.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)